Hotel Tiana
$99
$755
$119
  • Breakfast included
Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$179
$174
Official Site
$136
$126
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$332
$244
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dazzler Recoleta(Buenos Aires)
$109
$153
Bulnes Eco Suites(Buenos Aires)
$115
$103
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$380
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We are just checking out of Hote Tiana, where we were especially impressed with the friendly service. Suzana at the front desk was helpful with recommending restaurants and official exchange offices with good rates.

The rooms aand bathrooms are clean and the beds did the trick when getting over jet lag. The hotel is located in a safe neighbourhood near the touristic Boca area. Finding a good meal is never difficult as hotel is surrounded by many restaurants frequented by locals.

If I could find one thing that would ever so slightly bother me about this hotel is the fact that the hotel room doors are rustic, which adds charm, yet at the expense of extra security. Having said that, the entrance of the hotel is well secured and the rooms include a security safe.

Oh yes ...the common areas, especially the terrace, is great.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Excellent location only 2 blocks from Plaza Dorrego, the site of the biggest Sunday market and regular tango millongas. In the other direction only about 4 blocks from St Juan subway station. Nice quirky area to stay in with many good restaurants at all prices. Two supermarkets just round the corner for purchasing picnics and cheap drinks. Hotel has a pleasant design with well appointed rooms, good breakfast and keen and interested staff. Ambiance was so different form the standard issue hotels found in more downtown area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This little boutique hotel is charming very well located with friendly staff who went out of their way to make us feel at home. The rooms french doors opened onto a sun room with glassed in gardens on either side. The toiletries were L'Octainne, quite a treat.

Room Tip: Ground florr rooms had access to the beautiful sunroom and gardens
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here as part of a tango dance holiday organised by www.tangoalchemy.co.uk . Susana our hostess and her team made us very welcome and were very helpful. We were all calling Tiana home.

Ideally located next near to my favourite place to dance Paza Dorrego.

Thank you Susana and everyone for helping to make our holiday so wonderful :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and I think this is a nice place, but I was a little disappointed in the room after all I had read on Trip Advisor (a main reason I chose it).

Again, the staff was great and allowed us to check in early without any problems. Breakfast was very nice with a selection of many items to choose from (and served late in the morning if you are lazy like we were).

My only real strong opinion about the hotel is that I didn't think the cost of the room ($133 per night including IVA) was a good value. I am not a hotel snob at all and can honestly (and proudly) say that I once paid $1 to sleep on a mattress in a shack in Ethiopia, so I only complain to management when something is really wrong. This hotel got very good reviews on this site and the photos looked nice on its web site (though, don't they all), so I thought I would give it a shot.

Having said that, the room we stayed in just had a few too many hiccups for me to consider it beyond just good. The bathroom was very nice with L'Occitane products, but the jacuzzi didn't work the one time we wanted to use it. The bed was big with nice linens, but the mattress was VERY firm (not low quality, just not my preference and hard to sleep on). The TV had "HD" cable, but many of the channels had poor reception. Finally, the floor was painted (and peeling) gray and green cement. It was decidedly not what I expected to find at a boutique hotel. It seemed industrial and made the room less warm and welcoming. Admittedly, I didn't complain to the management about these hiccups because the only thing that was a real problem for me was the mattress, and I didn't imagine there was a variety of mattresses in the place. And really, in the end, I didn't go to BsAs to watch TV and sit in the Jacuzzi, in my room. However, I do think that as a hotel, if you are going to use these items as selling points and charge more for a boutique atmosphere, those featured amenities should work and the image should match. In the end, the most honest review of the room I can give is "It was good, not excellent."

Finally, I don't think it is a bad hotel at all, and I don't want this to be a bad review. I would stay there again in a pinch - it just wouldn't be my first choice and I wouldn't pay as much as I did. To me, $85-100 (including IVA) would be about right.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple