“good food with perfect fitting wine”
Review of Hernan Gipponi Restaurante - CLOSED

Hernan Gipponi Restaurante
Cuisines: Argentinean, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed April 28, 2014

There was a small but exclusive menu during the food festival but that was coming with perfect fitting wine to start with fusion food and Argentinian wine

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at Fierro Hotel in Buenos Aires and we visited the restaurant daily for breakfast and 3 times for dinner. We cannot recommended it enough!! If you are in BA on a Monday don't miss their 'one table'! The chef is a genius and the personnel simply amazing (special thanks to Juan for introducing us to the best wine we have tasted in BA)! Excellent and unique courses!!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had an "early" reservation at 12:30pm for brunch but only 3 tables were seated. The place really started to fill up for brunch around 2pm. We found that the schedule in this city is shifted about +2 hours from typical US activities. We had the brunch tasting menu which included a fresh fruit cup, fresh-squeezed orange juice, a shot of beet juice, and a Campari cocktail (included), along with a fresh bread basket assortment. The next dish was a 63* egg over mashed potatoes with nori and potato sticks. Perhaps our favorite dish of the meal. Following, a finger sandwich, prawns, and a fish empanada. A catch of the day was served next, followed by a risotto of ossobuco. We ended with a yogurt mousse with pomegranate and candied sunflower seeds. Staff was friendly and casual which was a lovely contrast to the stylish interior. We had expected a small brunch but was surprised by the quantity of food. You may want to walk it off afterward! Definitely a unique experience that I'd recommend to anyone. All for $220 pesos per person. A deal!!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I discovered this place thanks to an article on the UK paper “The Guardian”: strictly speaking the article was not a review of the restaurant, but no secret was made that this is an address not to miss in Buenos Aires.
I duly noted it and, funnily enough, it was precisely my interest for the restaurant that prompted me to pick the Fierro Hotel as the base for my 10-day family holiday break in Argentina and Brazil (a very good hotel choice, by the way: for those who might be interested, I have reviewed the Fierro Hotel separately).
We all had the 7-course summer tasting menu (with wine pairings). It was a real experience: the ingredients are treated and assembled with a very light hand, so that they can unleash their quintessential flavour. This was the impression I got when I tasted the courgette foam (the first course), and this feeling remained with me consistently throughout the dinner.
The sequence is well balanced and intriguing. The wine pairings are also extremely interesting (the wine served with the delicious veal tongue was probably “the” perfect match)-and represent not only the Mendoza area, but also the less well known wine-making regions of Salta and Patagonia.
The meal is very correctly priced, with a courteous and efficient service. Unfortunately I was not in town on a Monday evening, so I missed the “one table” event – where all the diners sit at the same table with the chef himself. I am so keen to experience that that I shall arrange the dates of my next trip to Buenos Aires to fit the purpose!
The only thing that can be improved is the décor of the place: the Fierro is a beautifully designed hotel, but for some reason the dining room somehow seems to lack of warmth. But this will not impede me to come back again.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had the summer tasting menu on our last day in Argentina. One of the best meals ever, with wine pairing . Each course was perfect . Highlights were squash foam starter, veal tongue, rice with baby Aquidneck, the best lamb I have ever tasted. Nothing was less than outstanding. If Argentina had Michelin stars, this would be a 3.