Polo Suites
  • Free Internet
Palermo Suites(Buenos Aires)
248 Finisterra(Buenos Aires)
  • Breakfast included
Tailor Made Hotel(Buenos Aires)
View Hotel
Maitre Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
Koten Hotel(Buenos Aires)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was booked into Polo Suites through a "blind" Hotwire purchase. The location is an upscale residential district about 6 blocks from the Palermo subway stop, in the district called Palermo Botanico, so named because of its proximity to a major park. It's not really a hotel, but rather a condominium building whose non owner-occupied units are rented out through the Polo company. So think of this as a modern loft apartment rather than a hotel. Having read other reviews noting train noise, I asked for and received a room on the 8th floor opposite the train line. One can still hear it rumbling through a few times an hour, but it's not so bad on the east side of the building, especially with windows closed. The finishes and fixtures are first-rate, and there is enough equipment to enjoy meals in the room. The AC, heat work well, and the front desk, which is staffed 24 hours, is very friendly, usually greeting me by name each time and graciously accommodating my early arrival without charge. The few negatives include synthetic rather than natural pillows, a tiny gym with only one of three machines in operation, and no English language news channel on the cable despite having hundreds of channels available.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
HollywoodSuites, Gerente at Polo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time off in sharing your experience with us. We couldn't be happier in knowing your stay went off well since we take great efforts in ensuring we meet the expectations of all our guests.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Polo Suites Staff

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at Polo Suites for only one night and it was a shame we couldn't stay longer. It's a small suite with kitchen, spacious bedroom and living room, perfect for longer stays specially when you get tired of restaurante food. The kitchen is equipped with basics, central heating works fine, service is friendly and the place was very clean. But again (perhaps this is cultural in Baires) the box door was only a half door. The bathroom gets wet when you shower. I also thought the price was very reasonable. My only objection is about the red tape at the front desk when you arrive. We got there real late, past 11 pm, tired, and it took us about 20 minutes to go through the registration process. I received a NO when I asked whether that could be taken care of the next morning. The location is great, close to the zoo and the Monumento a los Españoles, with lots of green squares within a 10-minute walk. I think it's a very good pick in B.A.

Room Tip: I think the rooms are all the same
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HollywoodSuites, Gerente at Polo Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing us, and thank you for your recommendation. We look forward seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Polo Suites offer a perfect service. The recepcionist at the front desk do a really good job. During my three month stay I had quite a few questions and request. They always were helpful and patient.
The location is perfect. Only 2 blocks away from the park where you can go jogging or just relax at the lake. It takes about 7 min to the subway station Palermo and 15 min to the national airport.

I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank ChristianKalt
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Recently stayed here while in BA on a conference along with 6 other kiwi's. The suites were tidy, clean and very comfortable. It was great to have some extra space rather than just a room when in town for a week. The location was great and the neighbourhood worked really well for a meeting at the La Rural conference centre.
The real plus of the stay were the superb reception staff who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, help with bookings, organise cabs, bring in some traditional Argentinean food for us to try (at their own expense). Their English was faultless and the friendly approach made a big impression with all of us, it was much nicer than an anonymous luxury hotel.
Apparently the close by train line can be noisy in some rooms but I didn't notice it if you want to gorge on a massive cooked breakfast you'll be disappointed but it was perfectly adequate.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.. wish a few NZ hoteliers had such great staff!

Room Tip: Away from the train lines
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony D
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I usually stay in Recoleta or Barrio Norte when I visit Buenos Aires, but a friend strongly recommended Polo Suites (in Palermo district) and I had a great experience there. Clean, large room with a huge terrace (9th floor room), many windows and lots of light. Everything is new and works fine. Location is curious: Palermo is a huge district and this hotel is located in a sort of hidden cul de sac, neighbor to upscale condos and some few restaurants. It's also walking distance (it is always nice to walk in Buenos Aires) to great restaurants like Sudestada. Takes about 15 minutes and you have to cross the main avenue though. Easy access to all Buenos Aires by cab. Nice staff. At the time of my visit they were testing 2 places for breakfast (guests are given breakfast vouchers). One was rather sad, the other was nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo