“Very good value restaurant”
Review of La Posada de 1820

La Posada de 1820
Ranked #146 of 5,107 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Nicolas
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I already came to this restaurant last year and came back again this one as well. Very good value and the food as well.Both times I came with my friends and everybody was happy.They have a solid salad bar and of course steaks are also very good.If you want to check your mail free-wifi as well. There is a lot of tourists coming here and it's always full but I will recommend it to everybody really solid restaurant.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We dropped in because we were staying in a hotel nearby - what a lucky find. We ate here twice - once having brochette and another time steak and they were both really good. The restaurant is full of mostly locals and the food tells you why. The price is also reasonable and the wine selection solid. We were also impressed with the friendly service. For a huge, very good steak, side dishes and wine for two it cost us around $US80.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Four of us ate dinner there at 7pm on a Friday. The restaurant was still relative empty. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The steaks were excellent and well prepared. Wine selection and price was reasonable. Waiting time was short. This was really good value for money. I would certainly go there again and would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

we eat here twice on our return to b.a.
one nite we had steak dinners a bottle of wine dessert, coffee and they gave us after dinner drinks and this was about $60.us....
the nite we were flying home we eat an early dinner of homemade ravioli and lasagna and a bottle of wine, dessert and coffee under $40.us
great value and excellent food....recommend la posada de1820 to everyone

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place gets full just by the locals standing in line outside to get in for lunch so the right signs as to the quality. I managed to get a table as the waitresses are very efficient and friendly. Since
i love Argentinian steaks I had a long lunch with the works :-) The steak I had was cooked just as I had ordered and it was very tasty. The place has a nice Wine selection which I was sitting right next to so ordered a good Argentinian wine (not expensive) with the meal and enjoyed it. for some the restaurant might seem a bit too busy but for me it was rather showing the real life in Buenos Aires.

Looking at the restaurant itself it is a rustic style and you can see the chefs cooking your food so you get a cozy sense of closeness.. The chef is cooking for you kind of scenario even if he might not be cooking for you.

I did try some of the fancier restaurants by the docks and though the price was 3 times as much the food was not better even though maybe a notch less busy.

Surely a must to visit place when I go back to Buenos Aires.