“Excellent!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montserrat
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I ate here on April 15th.

The meal was great, service was OK (a little slow), and the place has a nice atmosphere. Prices are pretty good.

We would definitely eat here again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I arrived a bit late, even by Argentina standards, but was treated as a welcome guest. Not with the sycophatic search for tips one would expect in an American steak house, but with the business like professionalism of staff who actually know what they are doing, probably because they have been doing it a long time (and have no particular hopes of finding a better job in the Argentine economy).

I was famished, not having eaten since breakfast (OK, breakfast was at 11 am, but this was 14 hours later), and confess to devouring the bread and spreads a bit too ravenously. While I didn't actually lick the bowls after they were far too quickly emptied, I did consider it. The bread was, unfortunately, unworthy of its appellation, but that seems to be the norm in Argentina.

The steak was a acceptable, although by this time I had also consumed three quarters of my bottle of very inexpensive wine (AR$ 30) and I barely trust my own opinion in the matter. Additionally, I am a recovering vegetarian and suffer from 40 years of meat attention deficit disorder. So, with those caveats, the juicy parts were delectable and the grisly parts seemed a tad over abundant.

Nevertheless I was fully satisfied at the end of the meal. I was never encouraged to get out, although I was eventually one of the only people left in the restaurant. And, were it not for the unexpected (my bad) AR$15 charge for the bread and spreads, I would rate the entire experience as worth a second round. But I think I'll keep doing the BA steak house circuit, just to see what else is out there.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I had a really nice dinner here, but we came back for lunch a few days later and it was even better! Not as hectic as the dinner rush, less touristy with more locals having a workday meal, plus there's no per person surcharge like they have in the evening. Sitting outside in the Buenos Aires sunshine with a cerveza and an agua con gas was the best way to end our trip. Best food: medallon de lomo, arugula with parmesan, and mashed potatoes. Gorgeous!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hands down this was the best parilla we ate at while in BA. The ambiance, service and of course food was amazing. I only wish we had realized that one steak would be enough to feed 3 people!! We ordered way too much food. The loma here was to die for--absolutely tender and juicy and cooked perfectly. Also, the price was great for the amount of food and wine we got.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place has an excellent ambience and the quality goes with it. I ate there twice and both times the meat was impecabble. Highly recommended.