“Parilla experience of my dreams!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gran Parrilla del Plata

Gran Parrilla del Plata
Ranked #78 of 4,660 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Telmo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Parilla experience of my dreams!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was far and away the best place in BA we tried on our trip. The interior is exactly as you would imagine an old parilla in BA, tile walls and just a touch of elegant shabbiness. The food was amazing, the service spot on and the total price came to under 100 US for two with multiple courses, deserts, bottles of wine (yes, bottles) and champagne and shots to round it out. I couldn't recommend this place more. Order the ojo de bife!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montevideo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had an excellent meal here today for my last meal in Buenos Aires, after spending a few days trying to find a great steak and being disappointed. Went here for lunch and had the bife de chorizo. The service was great and not just by south american standards! The waiter was very attentive and friendly. Now on to the steak, it was one of, if not, the best I have ever had. Tender, tasty and with a great crust, but so big I couldn't finish it all! To top it all off at the end of my meal, I was brought a glass of sparkling wine on the house. Amazing! If you're in Buenos Aires, definitely worth a visit.

• Visited December 2012
Slough
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Loved the food and the ambience once seated. On arrival we were left standing for a good 20 minutes feeling totally ignored. However, eventually we were summoned to a table where the nice part of the evening started. Starter portions are large as are the mains. This place is very good value for money and gives a good gastronomic account of itself.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta
“Great historic building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Not having a reservation and showing up turned out to be a little chaotic. There is very little space and the reception desk is at the far end of where you enter. If you aren't assertive, you will lose your place in line. I was fortunate enough to be wasting with a local so it helped the he spoke in Spanish to the host. Our 40 minute wait turned out to be about 20 which is good because there's is very little space to stand and wait.

It did give me a chance to watch them cook and read the signs left over from the days when it was a butcher shop.

We were seated at a four person table even though there were two of us. I think that is part of the waiting issue as we noticed a lot of parties of two at four person set-ups. The tables were actually small tables pushed together so I'm unsure why they simply didn't separate them to allow in more diners.

Service was expedient and my streak was good, albeit a little over cooked for my tastes. And speaking of taste, the meat tastes a little different than in the US as I believe the cattle are grass fed whereas I am used to corn fed beef. But it was tasty and the fries I picked - sliced like potato chips- we're good. We ordered a bottle of wine and at the end of the meal the waiter offered us each a glass if champagne. Desert was fantastic - a chocolate cake with ice cream and berries.

Overall a very nice meal and for the price FANTASTIC. I could have gotten one steak in the US for the cost of the entire meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Dreaming of bife de lomo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Over nearly 2 weeks in BA we ate at 5 parrillas - La Brigada, El Desnivel, Don Julio, Las Cabras and this one, which was our favourite. For Western tastes, the classic steak to order has to be the thick, juicy bife de lomo, shared with another willing victim and ordered 'poco heche', or medium rare, if that's to your taste. Accompany this with a side order of the mashed potato, the sweet potato chips and one of their juicy chorizo sausages, and you have a delicious meal. Cheaper than La Brigada, a similar gorgeous ambience to Don Julio and better quality than the cheaper parrillas, this was the parrilla we would have gone back to if we could have faced another steak.