“A very nice restaurant, nice food and excellent service”

Gran Parrilla del Plata
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent restaurant:
Gran Parrillia del Plata
Chile 594 esq. Peru, San Telmo
Waitress so pleasant and helpful: Gaby

We should have visited these two establishments all the time and never bother with others.

Thank you for being able to provide some feedback on our trip.
Alain Duffieux

1  Thank Alain D

Reviewed October 23, 2012

These people think that because they are well known, they can rest on past laurels. They were rude, conceited and inattentive. Locals arrived after us but were seated before us. Locals were offered a drink while waiting for their table but we were not. The food was average, but the Papas Frittas (potato fries) were terrible and the bread was stale. The locals all received an arrangement of little bowls of relishes with their meal, and we did not. It was clear to us that "tourists" came second in their establishment. To add insult to injury, we were slapped with the biggest cover charge we had ever seen in Buenos Aires, and the staff were quick to remind us that the tip was not included in the bill. Stay away from this tourist trap; it will sour your holiday and opinion of the people of Buenos Aires. Mitch and Tash

2  Thank Mitch D
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food was amazing and service was amazing

Why????
I enjoyed the way they cooked my Ojo de Bife 300g that I did not need to add condiments as it was flavorsome enough (although they do give this to you anyway)

Cost$$$$
The 300g meat was enough for me and I shared a side of Mash. Along with the great Malbec wine that we bought I felt that I got value for money. This might not suite you if you are on tight a budget but for the quality and value of food it was fine for my friend and I. We had two main meals,shared mash potato and shared bottle of wine it cost us together around $80 AUD but if you have the USD it would be a lot cheaper as they have a set exchange rate.

Ambiance:)
If you are there on the weekend then I suggest you book in advanced as we arrived at 9pm and it was packed and people were waiting in a line around 10pm. The waiters have limited English but I could still communicate with my broken Spanish and English (Spanglish). The menus can be easily translated if Spanish is not your first language. I really like the service we had received so we tipped 10% and as for the atmosphere it was busy and people were interactive from different tables if you wished. This is a tourist area so I suggest that if you want to eat with locals then you might want to go up to Palermo.

WE DID NOT EAT SALAD

1  Thank natalie t
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were in Buenos AIres, staying in San Telmo, and wanted to go to a Parilla. We found Gran Parilla del Plata right down the street. We had a WONDERFUL meal- between our limited Spanish and the waiters very limited English we ordered Bife de Chorizo for 2, creamed spinach, a bottle of Malbec (Passion 4) and dessert. The meal was great, and dessert was fantastic- flan with dolche de leche and whipped cream on the side. We loved every bite- glad we found it!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Best meat of the trip! Both the "Ojo de bife" and the "Bife de Chorizo" were exquisite, the price is not pricy so you can upgrade the wine, my recommendation is the Rutini. You can also exchange some dollars to argentinian pesos, the rate was awesome! Highly recommended!