“Really good place to stay!”

Hotel Pulitzer Buenos Aires
Ranked #97 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed for a week and was really pleased with everything. Good located (if you want to see Buenos Aires, the next Subte-station only a few minutes away), very very friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was good (maybe not exceptional, but above average).
I really can recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel is very elegantly decorated by some interior designer with very good taste. It has some nice views from the rooftop bar.
The room was rather small. Its windows were locked, so you had to rely on your air-conditioning for ventilation which did not suffice.
Breakfast was plain good. Nothing special.
Attention was very good in general with one big exception. Ms Inés. She had a very bad attitude and no patience to explain the bill. She was even rude enough to say to me "you don't understand" which could only make me think that she was trying to rip me off.
The rest of the guys at the reception were very nice though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer for a meeting I held in Buenos Aires. The location yes is very central but the neighborhood is quite dodgy and would not want to walk around too much at night which was confirmed by all the locals. The one thing the hotel can do is work on the front desk service which was not warm and almost cold and indifferent. There was a que at the front desk most days and most of the staff acted in a way they were doing you a favour. We had a lunch at the hotel and our fish was not good at all and several of the group returned it and asked for pasta and that was subsequently charged to our bill. The rooms were nice and cozy and the cleaning staff was extremely friendly as well as the rooftop bar staff. Overall my experience was ok but just like the front desk indifferent.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank mbryant73
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Because we had a night flight, we arrived early (07:00AM) at hotel. Although we where aware of the fact that check in was at 02:00PM, they would try to get a room for us around 11:00/12:00, but after we left for some coffee and a walk we where told that after waiting for 6+ hours they still didn't had a room for us even though a couple before us was given a room direct upon arrival.
But finally we got a very nice room. The modern atmosphere of the hotel is also very nice, rooms are a black/white decor with a little bit of color. Nice bathroom also in black/white. But be aware when taking a shower, the water turns from cold to very hot whiles taking a shower even when not manipulating the taps. That resulted in my case in a strange reaction/slipping in the bathtub, ending up in a nasty bruise!
But the hotel location is very good, right in the center of Buenos Aires and a lot of the touristic attractions are in walking distance!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hi, I had the chance to spend a long week end in Buenos Aires and decided to stop here for the name and for the location. Library room is a must on first floor as well as the atmosphere at the bar. All rooms are renewed,very well equippend and pleasant to stay. Breakfast is huge and I did not have lunch on saturday due to late breakfast:-) . I was very well attendend at the front desk and everybody made my stay very comfortable. Very close to Metro, and very central to visit several spots like Malba Museum among others. I SUGGEST IT WARMLY TO EVERYBODY

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Recently we stayed for four days in the Hotel Pulitzer in Buenos Aires. Well apportioned and very clean rooms. Nice friendly and helpful staff. Everytime we would go to leave the hotel the Porter would remind us of the need for Personal Safety downtown. Convenient and within walking distance of all sites,shops, restaurants etc. When we arrived from our overnight flight there were no rooms available but that was remedied by 2.00p.m. approx. For our 5.30a.m. departure small continental breakfast was prepared in the lobby. Porters collected and loaded all the baggage on the bus. Comfortable bar serving drinks and bar-food all day. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It feels a little churlish to pick faults with this little gem of a hotel. Spotless rooms, some of the best service I've encountered (and I travel a lot) decent food, hot power showers, satellite Tv and comfy beds. Perfection was ruined by the ramshackle gym (2 bikes and a x trainer broken) and the drinks menu being farcical as most of the cocktail / mock tail ingredients were unavailable. I managed to get a bike working and can live without a mocktail when the rest is so good. Location is excellent as is the food, which is probably too limited for a long stay but there are plenty of restaurants around

If I return to BA I will certainly not consider anywhere else, this will do for me

• Stayed: October 2013