“#1 for good reason!”

Cultura Cercana Tours
Ranked #35 of 293 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Our wide range of private tours -in private vehicles- are a very comfortable way of sightseeing and exploring our local culture. We offer quality private tours for everyone around many locations. We are an alternative to conventional tourism, but always seeking to provide a top quality service in local ambiences. In order to achieve maximum professionalism, we are a T & T Co. – Travel & Tourism Company – authorized by the Ministery of Tourism of Argentina.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Alejandro was fantastic! My mom and I had a half day tour due to our flight arrival and it was a wonderful experience. This was our first time in BA and I explained things that we like to do and see and I couldn't have designed a better tour. We got a great feel for the layout of the city and Alejandro was very knowledgeable and gave us some great history lessons and details on the city. I highly recommend doing this day 1. I was in BA over a week after and I felt like I knew where to go and what to see much better than I would have just with my own research. He also gave us recommendations on what else to do while there which we took him up on. Oh, and have him take you through Recoleta cemetery - his stories make the experience even better! Private, customized and fabulous.

1  Thank stephs_treks

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I booked this tour as part of our honey moon trip through BA. Very happy we did, a unique experience of getting to learn about the culture. The tour up the river was beautiful and interesting. The home made meal was fantastic and we enjoyed some wine and Tango later. I embarrassed myself with two left feet, but shared many laughs. As a younger couple (27&26) we appreciated the authenticity of it all, and had a great time. Much love to Mirta and Andres, great hosts.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband, 19 year old daughter and I have recently taken 3 days tours with this company in BA. I cannot speak highly enough of the service we received from all 4 of the tour guides we met. They showed us the most wonderful and informative time.. Not only did they make us feel so at home but also constantly checked in to ensure that our expectations were being fulfilled and that we were seeing what we wanted to see. This was not an issue for us as the guides were fully prepared and had a great plan of action each day to make sure we saw all possible in the time frame. To top it off, the guides had an awesome sense of humour and were happy to banter with us about all sorts of things including favourite soccer teams. This made us feel very valued and added to the experience. Their English was fabulous and we had no difficulty in understanding each other. I cannot recommend this company highly enough. Thank you to Bruno, Laura, Fabien and Andreas for a wonderful experience. We feel we have made four new friends.
Sonja

2  Thank ClaireMoore-Carter
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked our tour with Andres & Mirta, who were at our hotel and waiting for us well before our 9am scheduled departure. This was a pleasant surprise for two gals who are hyper-on time. We had booked this tour after reading reviews on TA and neither are fans of "guided" experiences to anything.

Andres and Mirta work together like a well oiled machine. They are tango partners who complete one anothers sentences like a couple who have been together for decades.

We were driven from our hotel (we stayed in Palermo Hollywood) through BA and Andres gave us a nice history and explanation of the city. We were then taken to an outdoor shopping plaza where Andres & Mirta helped steer our purchases. When I saw something I liked, Andres was quick to tell me it was "over priced". He then guided me to a different store to find the object I had spotted at a FRACTION of the price. I couldn't believe it.

From the shopping center, we boarded Andres' boat and rode the Tigre Delta for about 30 minutes until we arrived at Andres' beautiful home. He served us a 3 course lunch that was one of the best meals that we had while we were in the country. Being that I didn't have any desire to ride horses, we opted for a nice hike through the delta before our tango lesson and desert. Before we knew it, it was time for us to head back onto the boat and back to the city.

Andres then took us back to our hotel. I couldn't believe it was 7pm when we arrived. We had an amazing day with Andres and Mirta and felt like we were old friends by the time the day was over.

I would not only book this tour again in an instant, I would request Andres and Mirta. They are incredible, down to earth people who will make you feel like family.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Unfortunately, due to flight cancellations, I was not able to go on the tour that I had booked with Cultura Cercana prior to arriving in Buenos Aires. However, I wanted to write this review to let others know that the company is very professional. They provided excellent information prior to the tour booking and maintained communication during my flight fiasco. When I had to cancel the tour, they promptly refunded my downpayment. I would not hesitate to book another tour with Cultura Cercana.