“Disappointing”

Neighborhood: Retiro
Sydney
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had tempura here. The batter was wrong.

There is a lot of room for the food to improve, based on what we were served.

The service was obliging, but I think maybe they just need a Japanese chef. Or maybe he just had a night off on this occasion.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JMcKny

Oslo, Norway
“Good sushi,but can't compete with Europe standard.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Service is good.english menu.the food was the best sushi experience in BA so far ( we tried 2 restaurants in palermo before).the ginger was not so soft as it should be,the amount is little too.the wasabi is not as strong as we are used too. we also find the sushi served in Argentina to be a too creamy/cheesy.the rice was good, the fish ok. But we also think there is to much focus on serving salmon on almost everything. The atmosphere were nice, a bit dark, so the restaurant is better for couple and friends.but waiterss were very nice and helpful providing us with things that a child need ( Seat, hot water for mill e.c.t).expencive, (we paied approx 400 peso for 30 pieces),We Will be back sine This is our best alternative so far in BA.

• Visited January 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Aaahh shushi”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Love GUIs place. Staff speaks English which was a huge help. Felt amazing to eat sushi after 9 days of meat!! Very nice and fresh sushi.

Visited January 2013
“GOOD”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Good athmosphere, good service, well served, the menu was not as good as I thought it will be, extremelly good location.

• Visited October 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“As good as any sushi I've had in BA”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I ate here a little early for BA, but as I was on my own I prefer a quiet restaurant. 8pm on a Friday night and there were around 10 others in there. Waitress was very friendly, enough English for us to communicate.

Nothing wrong with the quality of fish, nothing was dry, old etc. if I can recommend one dish, there is a hot starter of langoustine wrapped in noodle and deep fried, very good indeed.

The menus are quiet smart, backlit with a look of an iPad or kindle, although clearly just paper over a light, it's a nice touch.

Aperitif, 15 pieces of sushi and a large glass of Sauvignon blanc set me back around £45. To be fair the wine and aperitif was nearly half this.

I'll be back to eat here when I return to BA in September.

• Visited June 2012