“Wow! What a deal!”

San Telmo Shokudo
Ranked #314 of 4,798 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Telmo
“Wow! What a deal!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

So we ate here for dinner and really enjoyed it, but today we had lunch and wow! We got a great deal! I got the sushi sortido and my hubby got the hot maki, we both had a ton of food, soup, salad, appetizer and tea all for less than $20! And we shared with my 5 year old that never holds back on sushi. It was fresh and yummy! We will def make this a regular lunch spot!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great deals”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This place is always busy and always good. We've been here for 4 days and ate here twice. During the week day lunches would be the best time, you get the most bang for your buck!

The tofu is actually good here, I never like tofu. They also serve ice cream that is incredible.

They have the cleanst bathrooms in the city!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good value lunch menu”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I come here already since the opening which is now i think 4 years ago. It's on the first floor and you have to ring the doorbell to be let in.
I begin with some general remarks after reading the reviews. It's very normal that you have to ring a doorbell, in Buenos Aires to be let in. Next to this portenos go out for dinner not really before 10 PM! When you have dinner at 8 pm expect to eat in an empty restaurant. Only when many tourists come it will be busier...Like in La Brigada, a famous steak restaurant in San Telmo.
Anyway, i have had on a regular base lunch here. The value is very good for what you get. You can choose between 5 starters and 5 maincourses. Next to this you are served a miso soup a salad and green tea and three rolls. This for 9 euro! The service is friendly but can be a bit slow, but i am a very impatient person. In general its all good quality. The interior is basic but nice with some Japanese touches. I agree that the choice for music is very peculiar. It's actually out of place. But this is Argentina! Everything is different here and eclectic. That's why you are travelling, no? I also eat at Nikkai which is also good. It depends on my mood which one i choose.

Visited February 2014
Shanghai
“Good place to go for dinner”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I and my boyfriend tried several Japanese restaurant here in BA. I can say this one is our favorite so far. Nice environment , good sashimi( most the time we like to order sashimi instead of sushi, which show the quality of a Japanese restaurant), nice present, reasonable price. It is place that we will go back again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ShelleyHou
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Don't go there if you really are a sushi fan”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Sashimis are as big as steaks and pretty blend.
Even the soy sauce taste bad, how is that possible ?
I know you dont go BA to eats sashimi but if you're ever tempted... pass this one.

• Visited December 2013