“Great staff, awesome room, hip location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires

Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #1 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great staff, awesome room, hip location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed 4 days during the week of October 19th. It's located in an up-and-coming neighborhood 4 blocks from the subway station. The rooms are stylish, great hardwood floors (even though they can be noisy at night...) The staff was super friendly and helpful. They helped us make reservations for a great tango show in San Telmo. Our return flight was very early in the morning and the front desk offered to bring us continental breakfast to our room at 5 a.m., no additional charge. We'll stay here next time we come to Buenos Aires, which we hope will be soon!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Korean first
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My experience at the Fierro Hotel could not have been better. The rooms are spacious and I loved the modern decor. I also loved the roof top terrace and pool to relax after a 'hard' day of sightseeing.

The breakfast was the best I encountered during my three week stay in Argentina and it was more than enough to keep me full until lunch. I especially loved the foamy yogurt and appreciated that there was fresh fruit included.

The location of the hotel is great, it's an easy walk to the Subte (local subway) which was a great alternative to taking taxis as traffic in Buenos Aires is quite heavy similar to large US cities such as NYC or Los Angeles. There are also plenty of dining and shopping options within walking distance.

The best thing about the Fierro Hotel is the staff. Every person I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful, special thanks to the Front Desk staff & manager for helping me book tickets and for finding a creative solution to allow me to stay in a room until late in the evening as my flight back to the US was not until very late at night. Those are the 'little' things that differentiate great hotels from merely good one and the Fierro is definitely a great hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank german_in-
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

You know one of those hotels that wants you to be grateful that you're staying there? One of those hotels that exudes smugness...if you don't try here.

On the positives, there are many. Classy rooms, excellent roof top pool, efficient staff, clean and shiny...all as you would have read about in the reviews.

But the lost mark is a little intangible. The staff don't treat you as if you're their special guest. Then you get to the breakfast. The waitress was the most rude we've encountered in years. Too cool to give the guest an extra cup of coffee! Maybe she was busy but it was extraordinary. Then we get to the food itself. Wonderful tasty food is eventually served but we waited 15 minutes for food, small portions and rather than feel full after eating you just feel tired, unloved and a little hungry. Proposed solution - offer a buffet to hungry guests and then allow your busy waitress swan around serving the "fancy food". I got the feeling buffets weren't cool enough for this place - shame. I like to be fed, quickly and with manners at breakfast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JulianGrano, Gerente at Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on line. The feed back from our guests is really apreciated as an important tool to improve the quality of the service we offer.

Considering your comment let me inform you that I have already conducted the internal follow up with our waitresses in order to avoid a similar situation in the future.
We do know that our gourmet breakfast is different than other kind of breakfasts however we regulary offer the posibility of repeat or modify something from the menu depending on our guest wishes.

I am truly sorry that your experience with us could not meet your expectations and I hope to see you again any other opportunity to show you the improvement done.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance and I remain at your entire disposal.

Best regards

Julián Grano
Palm Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We followed Tripadvisor's advice and booked the Hotel Fierro for 8 nights. Not only did the hotel be true to every picture they have posted on their website, but the staff was so incredibly welcoming and informative, they exceeded all expectations. From Manuel at the front desk and the office to Julian, the charming and handsome general manager, and all the staff in between, there was not a person who could have made us feel more welcome throughout our stay.
The restaurant in the Hotel is truly exceptional(especially Diego) and as mentioned in a review, the breakfast is more than you could eat.
The beds were first rate and the only suggestion I would make is to have shower gel rather than the very delicious bar soap!
A Buenos Aires gem! Book it now!

Room Tip: Your basic rooms are the same size as the balcony rooms minus the balcony which you may not use. Gre...
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here for the first part of our trip to BA and loved this hotel. The rooms were clean and updated, the free breakfast was very good and I can't say enough good things about the wonderful staff at the Fierro. The whole staff at the front desk worked as though they were the concierge. One of the front desk clerks found out from HG restaurant (in the hotel) that I was gluten intolerant and when they made a reservation for us at a pricey dinner in BA, they told the restaurant. It was so wonderful to arrive at said restaurant and have an entire gluten free tasting menu available to me.
We left BA to travel Argentina and when we arrived back to BA we decided to splurge and stay in a very pricey international-hotel chain (in Recoleta) and the room was not nearly as nice, nor the service.
Only down side to Fierro is that the block where it is located is a little shabby. You definitely need to walk a few blocks each way to get to stuff. We always felt safe, but wished that there was more going on in our block (no restaurants or shops). That being said, we would only stay at the Fierro next time we go to BA. Thanks Fierro!
P.S. there is a laundry facility across the street from the Fierro. I dropped a bag of laundry off there and picked it up 2 hours later and it was only 20 pesos. Great deal.

1 Thank DenverMcMs
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012 for 5 nights and enjoyed a great experience. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful with making reservations for restaurants and tours. The rooms are nicely decorated, spacious and well designed. The included breakfast was really good - fresh croissants, orange juice, a shot of beet juice, granola and yogurt, eggs done your way and coffee. We also enjoyed the best meal we had in Buenos Aires at the restaurant - Hernan Gipponi - in the hotel. Do the 8 (10?) course tasting menu. It was amazing.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I tend to be very particular about hotels, and am apt to experience buyer's remorse upon check-in, spending the rest of my vacation comparing hotel notes with other travelers. But not this time, amigos. I found very little about which to be critical during my 7 night stay at the Fierro Hotel, but rather much to rave about, including:
*booking - immediate response to my questions, reservation followed quickly by offer to arrange a private car
* check-in - extremely friendly and gracious front desk, always available to help with questions, reservations, recommendations
* breakfast - delicious baked goods accompanied by dulce de leche! yummy yogurt/granola parfait - and I don't even like parfaits! Eggs to order!
* the room- Stylish furnishings, spacious (go for the superior suite) with extremely comfortable beds and a shower that boasts a fab "rainshower" head you'll look forward to every day, lovely view, reasonable mini bar prices, black-out curtains, iPod port, and super quiet
*the rooftop pool - a lovely, restful spot perfect for relaxing after a day on the town
*the staff - front desk, restaurant, housekeeping ... all very nice and very helpful.

As a first-time visitor to BA, I found the Fierro's location to be pretty much ideal. Situated in Palermo Hollywood, there are great restaurants literally a few blocks away (especially good were Miranda and Las Cabras for parrilla, Oui Oui for a quaint French lunch - heard good things about Osaka and Green Bamboo). You are also about a 10 minute walk from Palermo Soho's nightlife as well as the easily-accessed Palermo Subte stop that gets you to Microcento and San Telmo, among other destinations.

Honestly, the only thing I missed was an onsite gym (sounding spoiled now, but it poured a couple of days so running outside wasn't an option) but the one down the street that they give you free access to will do in a pinch.

I have to say that each day, upon returning to the hotel after a day of exploring the city, I was truly thrilled to get back to the cool comfort of the Fierro Hotel. Based on my experience, I would venture to guess you will not be disappointed by yours.

Room Tip: Superior suite is a nice amount of space with a separate sitting area with lounge and table/chairs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends