“Nice place but a little far from some downtown options”
Review of Icaro Suites

Icaro Suites
Ranked #47 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place is a good quality hotel with all the amenities you could need.
The room we stayed in was HUGE with two queen sized beds (for two of us) and a little kitchen and seating area and a very nice bathroom. Nice large TV with english channels!
Staff were very helpful, my key randomly stopped working at one point and they got me a new one right away.
The location is near the theatre area but kind of far from most of the stuff I wanted to see. I felt safe walking back here at night though which is a huge plus for Buenos Aires.
The gym was great with a window and balcony that looks out over the city.
Would probably stay again if I couldn't find somewhere a little closer to sites I am interested in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KellyMath22
There are newer reviews for Icaro Suites

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We found the Icaro Suites to suit our needs perfectly. The staff were friendly , informative and efficient. The room was spacious with a large HD TV. There was no noise. There is a microwave for heating food with a dining table and 4? chairs. The breakfast offered a balanced diet which we enjoyed.

Room Tip: Ask for a wake up call on arrival. It will be booked for you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JimsDairy
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is really a good choice when staying in BsAs downtown. It's really in a good location, 150mts from Avda Corrientes that is one of the major avenues were you can find Theaters and restaurants. The rooms are well equipped, comfortable in size and clean. The front desk service could have been a little better, but I can't say that it was bad. The breakfast good variety, a little slow in refilling empty trays, but when I asked for a particular thing it was bought to me immediately. So net/net price performance, really good.

Room Tip: The front ones facing the street on a high floor. No need for a superior suite, the normal ones are...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcos C
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a total of 6 days. The reception and management were superb and treated us extremely well regardless of the time of day and what we needed. The gym and pool were excellent, the complimentary breakfast and room service by Chiquilin were both equally fantastic. Rooms are brilliantly equipped, with each floor having a separate WiFi router for great connection. The location of this hotel in my opinion is beyond ideal. Most major tourist attractions such as 9 de Julio, La Boca, San Telmo, Palermo, and Puerto Madero are less than a 10 minute walk or $3 USD taxi away. I would very highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to be up and around experiencing Buenos Aires most of the day, and return to an extremely comfortable hotel to rest up.

Room Tip: If you are particularly picky about noise, keep in mind you are in the heart of a major city, so fin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hugo V
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the summer and chose it based on location and price. It was one of the cheaper options we could find. The rooms were great and suited our needs just fine. It was clean and felt safe and was a comfy place to sleep. The location was fantastic-as soon as you stepped out on the street you could walk in any direction to restaurants, shops and attractions. We walked everyday into the heart of Buenos Aires and walked around to all the shopping areas. We would occasionally take a taxi ride to places we wanted to see a little farther away-and to be safe we took taxi's home once it got dark out. I would definitely recommend this hotel for visitors looking to save some money and be in close proximity to tourist attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vballjess
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We selected Icaro Suites because of its generally good reviews on TA and were not disappointed. The rooms were large and modern with kitchen facilities and the best shower I have ever had in a hotel. The price was very good when done via Expedia. I did not use the gym or pool.
The desk staff spoke good English and the breakfast offered a good variety. Unfortunately we could not participate the second day due to an early flight (not open until 7).
Many attractions are only a short walk away as are good places to eat.

Room Tip: We had the lowest cost room which was fine, but had no view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed twice (3 days each visit) at the hotel.
The manager fixed each and every (minor) problem in no time. THANKS!
The rooms are really clean and comfortable. Just a great value. Will certainly come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are OK, but above 4th floor is a little bit quieter (elevators work just fine)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family