“Sound Boutique Hotel in Great Neighborhood”
Review of Awwa Suites & Spa

Awwa Suites & Spa
Ranked #68 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Recommended by a lovely woman at our client, a colleague and I stayed at the AWWA Suites for five nights in mid-December and I’m thankful that she steered us into this vibrant yet peaceful, wooded neighborhood. The intimate, stylish, and clean hotel sits on the northern edge of the Bosques de Palermo neighborhood only a block off the Avenida del Libertador, where in any direction parks, museums, shops, and good restaurants are within an enjoyable walk. Service was very good. I had e-mailed ahead to request an early check-in and, though our rooms were not immediately ready on arrival, the management accommodated us within about 15 minutes. I don’t speak Spanish, but the staff were very patient with my attempts and were always helpful in arranging for taxis, providing directions, etc.

My sunny and roomy 5th floor Balcony Suite was equipped with a sitting/sleeping area, a small kitchenette (cook-top, refrigerator/minibar, coffee maker, dishes and utensils), a bathroom, and a small balcony overlooking Calle Lafinur. The room was quiet and there was not much noise from street traffic or other guests. The king sized bed was comfortable, with long-pillows, crisp sheets, and a flat screen TV on the opposite wall. To save energy, the air conditioner would only operate when the room was occupied, but it cooled the room quickly and functioned without problems. Storage was adequate for me with a closet hanging area, drawers, and a small safe, but no iron. Wi-fi was free throughout the hotel and except for a couple hours was consistently available on my floor. A nice room feature was a two-plug electrical outlet that accommodated cords from other countries without need for an adapter.

The contemporary bathroom was refined and functional with large tiles, warm lighting, a shower/tub combo, above-counter sink, toilet, and bidet. The shower pressure was respectably heavy, became warm quickly and never wavered. The sink was a little on the small side but was fine for my needs and, though I’m not sure it was by design, as the water drained it made a pleasant plinking sound. Towels were large, but the nap was inconsistent – feeling somewhat thin and worn on the first couple of days but the later replacements were luxurious. The soap, shampoo, conditioners, etc. were not unique or special but were perfectly fine.

I believe one can select a breakfast option as part of their reservation, though I did not. However, I did go to Nucha, the hotel’s café, on a couple of occasions and found it quite good. They offer quick bites or full meals, as well as delicious looking baked goods. As I headed out one morning I grabbed a coffee and biscotti and on my last day I had a very well-prepared Pescado del Dia for lunch. The hotel also has a small courtyard, a pool, and massage/spa options, none of which I had time to experience.

There were only a couple of issues during my stay. First, the latch on the sliding glass door to my balcony would not lock but, to their credit, when I reported it to the front desk, they quickly had the latch repaired. Additionally, the small room safe became inoperable toward the end of my stay and though the issue was reported, it was not corrected before I left. Having said that, I always felt like my stuff was secure in my room without it.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at AWWA Suites and would return without hesitation. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a sophisticated, well-managed boutique hotel in a fun and relaxed Buenos Aires neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ATL_GB
There are newer reviews for Awwa Suites & Spa

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at the Awwa Suites & Spa because it was close to the United States Embassy. The hotel is very modern and clean. We weren't able to make use of the spa facilities, although, we did get in the swimming pool one evening. The entire area of the pool and spa was clean and well kept. We purchased the package that included breakfast. The breakfast was adequate but nothing special. The hotel is located on a nice quiet street very near some large parks, several smaller restaurants, and within walking distance of one shopping mall, The Buenos Aires Zoo, and The Japanese Gardens. We found the staff to be helpful when we needed some printing and photocopies.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great value. next to parks of Palermo..
No breakfast is the only downer. But the cafe downstairs has great deserts and coffee, so it is worth paying extra for.
rooms are quite big, white and clean.
the staff was very nice.
the kitchen is a nice addition, and the TV was set up in the middle of the room in a creative way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am terribly sadden that I found this hotel late in my stay in BA. I was at Infinito Hotel a few blocks away (Arenales 3689) for most of my stay and regret not looking into AWWA sooner. The rooms were impecable with great light (balcony suite). Love the long table and mini kitchen, making it feel like a studio. Everything was perfect. The reception area was very helpful and corrected any problems I had with the bill. Highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jenny L
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This nice hotel is located in the lovely heart of Palermo, not the trendy Palermo, the more residential one. In my opinion, this is the best part of the city, very close to the zoo and the lovely Buenos Aires park area. The hotel itself is spotless. I've stayed in a very nice room, super new and modern, super clean and bright, equipe with an electric stove, microwave and coffee machine, always a nice alternative if you are staying long and want to have the choice to eat at 'home'. A great mix of a boutique hotel and a flat.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the internal patio to make sure no noise from the street will get in the way of...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent 6 nights at this hotels and it was perfect, everything we needed for the type of trip we were doing: very busy visiting family but also wanting to relax and have a nice time in the streets of BA. This hotel offered us what we needed, a very comfy bed, very clean and modern bathroom, a small kitchen with microwave and dishes. There is also a dining table which is very convenient for those nights that we didn't feel like going out and have dinner so we just ordered empanadas at Tatu (which are delicious, a few blocks away from the hotel) or take away food at La Gauchita.
Some few points to have in mind:
-If you order room service they charge you a lot of money and the food comes from the only restaurant in the hotel, Nucha, but if you go in person to the restaurant and order to go/take out they charge you a lot less and they might even bring it up to your room as they did in some occasions with our breakfast and it was half the price (51 ARG pesos compared to 26 US dollars!!!).
-Also, the restaurant closes very early, around 10.30, even room service...
-The overall cleanliness of the room was very good except the kitchen, but I think this is because you are suppose to do the dishes if you use them, so if you expect the cleaning ladies to do them they wont do a good job.
-The hotel is just 1/4 a block away from Libertador Avenue, a very large and noisy avenue, so if you want to sleep pass 8am I would ask for a room facing the back, since the ones facing the street tend to be very noisy.
-There is a chinese supermarket 4 blocks away in Lafinur & Cabello where you can buy water and wine (Benjamin Nieto 18 pesos) and actually everything very cheap (don't buy diary products), if not there is a Disco supermarket at Las Heras Av.
In conclusion, I really liked this hotel because it is more like an apart hotel than a hotel and because of the great location, modern look and cleanliness. The neighborhood is very safe and classy: Don't miss coffee at Cafe Tabac on a sunny morning reading the newaspaper or ice cream at Volta after dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for almost a week and it was great. Awwa is pretty new so everything is modern and is very well kept. Very nice rooms w/kitchenette. The indoor pool is really nice and quiet, very tastefully decorated. They also have a sauna and a small gym that we used every single day. The best part? Having NUCHA downstairs! Specially if it's included in your daily rate, I had friends over and invited them to have tea here, it was a total treat. The location is one of the best in the city, near everything, very safe area, you're very near many restaurants, museums, shops, zoo, jardin japonés. The staff is great, they made feel very comfortable. I would return here every time I have to go to Bs As.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business