Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 AM

from $28.50
from $80.00
from $28.60
More Info
All reviews buenos tours walking tour la boca and san telmo guide jessica full day tour great tour adopted city private tour recoleta cemetery tour company come alive great introduction own pace cruise terminal would highly recommend this tour his knowledge great company
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Buenos Tours’ seven-hour private walking tour of central Buenos Aires was the perfect orientation to the city on our first full day there, not to mention being a completely enjoyable day with our guide (and company founder) Alan, a young Brit full of enthusiasm for the city. Alan not only provided the facts and figures of the key tourist sites, he shared enough of his expat experience in BA that we parted at the end of the day well supplied with recommendations and prepared to dive deep into porteño life for the remainder of our holiday.

The tour began in San Telmo and worked its way to the Plaza de Mayo and its environs, eventually taking us through Retiro and Recoleta on foot and by subway before concluding with a walk through Recoleta cemetery. Alan’s wide-ranging and impressively deep narration encompassed topics from architecture to history to politics, economics, urban planning, culture, society and more – all relevant to where we were standing at that moment and placing Buenos Aires in its proper (and highly entertaining) context.

Alan displayed sensitivity to our tastes and desires, and as he got to know us over the course of the day his recommendations for activities, places and events dovetailed nicely with what we wanted to learn. These included a peripatetic wine tasting in Palermo (http://www.winetoururbano.com.ar) that provided an excellent introduction both to Argentine wine and to the Palermo Soho neighborhood, a café in Boedo that gave us the perfect tourist-free porteño experience, advice on attending a Boca Juniors football game, and much more. He also taught us how to board a city bus (which is an oddly overcomplicated transaction in BA), and advised us which bus lines would serve our needs.

In true Buenos Tours form, as Alan made his goodbye he pointed across the street toward a bar he likes that brews its own beer. And by then we really needed to sit down so it was much appreciated.

Thanks, Alan!

Reviewed December 3, 2010

Spent three hours with Jessica walking around the historic areas of BsAs. Wonderful knowledge of the history of the city. But the REAL gem of this tour was being able to talk with Jessica about her experience living in the city and her interpretation of local customs, politics, etiquette, etc. 100% recommended for anyone coming to BsAs for the first time.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

Three of us took the 7 hour private guided day walking tour around Buenos Aires with our BuenosTours guide, Jessica. I have never enjoyed myself more on any tour! Jessica immediately got to know us and made us feel like we were walking around with an old friend who just happened to live in Buenos Aires! She answered any question we could throw her way and then gave us really interesting and fun information about each place we saw in Buenos Aires. Like any big city, it's a large place and seems kind of cold at first if you don't know anybody. However, having a guide who knows the place instantly makes Buenos Aires sparkle! I would recommend this tour for any audience. The guides will fit it to your interests and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Best and most interesting history lesson via Alan ever! This was my 3 rd time back in Argie visiting my family and because of the private tour I am fascinated by the history. Alan collected my son and I at our hotel and we made use of the tube, old subway and bus-enjoyed tea at Cafe Tortini and ended the tour at Casa Rosada. Brilliant and extremely professional, orginized and stunningly interesting! Alan, you know your niche!! Regards, Yvette. (South-Africa)

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Alan collected me at my BB and this was so comforting to me. BA was awsome the best thing to do when you arrive is to go for a walking tour with Alan. Tennis shoes, water, Camera & money (small change) Get lots of small change. The Subte & busses are so cheap and paid with nickel. Taxis are very affordable. The 7hour tour with Alan was so worth it. We covered alot and there was a lot to hear & see about BA. Tortonis was cool. Alteno Awsomely beautiful. Restuarant c\o Viamonte & Rodriguez Pena meat was so good. You have to buy 2prs of Tango shoes. Could eat tons of Dulce de Leche! Havanna Alfajor a must. La Defense, Caminito, Recoleta, La Boca, Puerto Madero.Retiro. All a must to see. To walk was safe, keep your valuables close to your body and not in bags with easy accessible pockets. Leather shoes are good buys. Check your change from small side cafes where you buy sweets and cooldrinks. When using a taxi, make sure the car is clean, driver has a name tag hanging on the back seat, use Radio Taxi. If in doudt don't use the driver but most are very good with change and slips. If I had more time I would have definitely done more tours with Alan. The tours are VERY informative with lots of good details. Alan always notified me that he was on his way. Very friendly and polite and I had lots of fun with him. He is very attentive to detail and is punctual with emails. I would certainly recommend Buenos Aires Private Walking Tours as a starting point in BA. You won't regret the time with Alan.