“An excellent introduction to BA!”
Review of BuenosTours

BuenosTours
Ranked #1 of 188 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The 1st private guided walking tour specialists in Buenos Aires, the capital city of Argentina - now also offering private vehicle tours, tango nightlife tours & other local tourism services. Our tours are led by native English-speaking guides now living long-term in Buenos Aires. Listed by the UK's Guardian newspaper as giving the best cemetery tour in the world. Half and Full day tours available every day, recommend at 9am and 3.00pm, but a variety of other start times are of course available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 4, 2014

After researching several options for walking tours for a recent trip to BA, I selected BuenosTours. I definitely made the right choice.

My positive experience began as soon as I submitted my request through the BuenosTours website for a “BA 101″ Full Day Tour. Throughout the entire booking process, the customer service was excellent. I received follow-ups, confirmations and travel tips from Quincy, Alan, Justine and Oliver. This high level of customer service made me feel very good after booking my tour on-line … from the other side of the world.

On the day of the tour, Oliver, my tour guide, met me at my hotel at the agree-upon time. He was a wonderful tour guide. He is very knowledgeable about BA and has a great personality. He made me feel at ease in a strange city and he truly brought BA to life with his stories. Unlike other tours, where you can feel like you’re on a walking lecture, with Oliver I felt like I was exploring a beautiful city with a very knowledgeable friend.

I usually don’t write reviews, but as I hope you can tell, I highly recommend BuenosTours!

1  Thank Solo_Traveler2014
"la boca"
in 59 reviews
"recoleta cemetery"
in 47 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 17 reviews
"cruise terminal"
"empanadas"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a wonderful time with Oliver, our tour guide from Buenostours. He was very prompt at meeting us at our hotel, and was even able to take us around the city on our all-day private walking tour in the morning rain without having our day be spoiled by the weather. Oliver was very knowledgeable about everything he showed us. We went to different areas of the city, and learned all about the history, culture, and people famous in the area, and how they contributed to Argentina. He brought the city to life with his stories and entertainment. We had planned to spend two days with Oliver, but it was pouring rain the next day, so we opted to cancel. Buenostours was very timely in returning our money because of the rain. Highly recommend Buenostours!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Jessica was our guide for this private walking tour. The reason to visit Recoleta is the cemetery and Evita's grave. But, it is not quite so straightforward. Jessica not only explained the cemetery and its history and rules, but she took us to Evita's grave and explained why it is where it is and marked as it is. All very interesting and well worth the effort.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I discovered Buenos Aires Private Walking Tours on TripAdvisor. We worked with Alan to plan the full-day walking tour. He was very easy to work with and he offered many valuable suggestions for us to enjoy our visit. His written instructions for us to meet were detailed and perfect.

We met Jessica on a rainy morning in Buenos Aires. The bad weather did not spoil our plans. She is an expat from New Jersey who has lived in Buenos Aires for years. We met in the San Telmo are of the city. Not only was Jessica an excellent tour guide but also very gregarious. It did not take long for us to feel like family on a visit to a long lost relative! :-)

My phone serves as a pedometer so I know we walked 6.3 miles with Jessica. I never would have guessed. We talked and talked. She really knows the city and answered all of our questions whether about history, politics, religion..whatever.

I was fascinated by her explanation of the tango dance. It made so much sense . It was fun to see her act out the dance as it was intended. I could imagine the young couple on the street dancing as she described it. What fun!

We saw a lot but another highlight for me was to enjoy meeting some of her friends along the way. She is certainly well-known and well-liked. One stop was for tapas and a drink. The owner learned it was my birthday and sent over a birthday treat and congratulated me in broken English. Thank goodness for Jessica...she translated everything.

We saw so much and enjoyed her company so much. The sun came out and it turned to be a most memorable day! Thank you, Jessica!

1  Thank Sea Ya' I