Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 AM
More Information

Ways to Experience BuenosTours
from $136.00
More Info
All reviews buenos tours walking tour san telmo la boca private tour oliver interests guide city history ba retiro perspective development pablo
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took the half day Recoleta tour with Alan on our first day in Buenos Aires. He was very helpful and informative, and the tour was very relaxed and pleasant. He was able to easily answer all our questions and make recommendations on what other sights we should see on our short trip here. He gave us great insight into the Recoleta area, and the cemetery tour was so much more valuable with his input. And, we loved the midway stop for gelato!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having only one day in BA before leaving on an overland excursion we wanted to get the most out of our visit. After a lot of research we settled on Buenos Tours full day walking tour. What a good choice. Oliver met us at our hotel in the morning for the San Telmo walk then handed us over to Jessica for Recoleta in the afternoon. Both were so nice, easy to talk to and very informative. Whilst there was a lot of walking and we are not exactly young at no stage did we find it difficult. It was a great day and really good value for money - highly recommended.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just got back from three days in BA after an extensive stay in another province. We wanted to break up our return and get a bit of the city's culture. It had been 12 years since I'd been to BA and had friends with us who had never been there, so we thought the tours was the way to go. They were a real highlight of our overall Argentine experience. Alan and his team do a great job of communicating before you book, after you book and prior to arrival and the tour dates to prepare you so you get everything you possibly can out of the experience. We had four people so it was really cost effective because they were running a special of "pay for three and the fourth is free". We did a tour our first two mornings: San Telmo and La Boca one day and Retiro/Recoleta the second with the cemetery being a big highlight. After the first day, we knew how to use the subway and bus system thanks to those being the way we got around for the first tour. Alan lead one and Jessica the other - both excellent tour guides. We also took the company's recommendation for a tango/dinner show and it was excellent. Everything came off without a hitch, we were picked up at our accommodation by private car and taken to the show and returned afterwards as part of the price. Also a real thank you to Isabelle who communicated by email very effectively. Such a pleasure to deal with professional friendly services in a foreign city. They left us with the feeling that if we needed anything while we were there, we could have rang them for advice.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip to BA. We did both the San Telmo and Recoleta tours on different days. It's a great way to get comfortable with Buenos Aires if you have not been here before. The tour allows you to ask cultural questions about BA and learn the do's and dont's.

The guides are very helpful on restaurant recommendations as well as other things to do in BA. Great job BA Tours!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was worried about my very limited Spanish skills, so I decided to schedule some English-speaking tours to help me get oriented, and bring some structure to my visit. I had over a week in BA, so I decided to do three separate 3-hour tours vs. a single 7-hour tour. This gave me something to do every day and allowed going a bit more in depth with each neighborhood.

The tours themselves were great - my guide would meet me at my hotel, and we would then walk, cab, subway or bus our way to the tour route. Midway through, we'd have a break in a notable cafe; we'd rest our feet, have some friendly conversation and a snack, and I'd learn more about the venue and surrounding area. The excursions were excellent for me as a solo traveler, and I think they could be even more fun with one or more additional people.

I had two guides; Jessica for two tours, and Oliver for one. They were both very good, and Jessica was truly outstanding. In the end, I got a fantastic introduction to many major landmarks, learned a lot of the city's and nation's history, and also benefited from practical tips on how to use public transportation, make/keep change, etc. There were a couple of places I ended up going back to for more in-depth exploration on my own, and I probably never would've discovered them if relying solely on guidebooks.

This was money and time well spent, without a doubt!