“the only way to get anything out of BA in 3 days!”
Review of BuenosTours

BuenosTours
Ranked #1 of 172 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The 1st private guided walking tour specialists in Buenos Aires, the capital city of Argentina - now also offering private vehicle tours, tango nightlife tours & other local tourism services. Our tours are led by native English-speaking guides now living long-term in Buenos Aires. Listed by the UK's Guardian newspaper as giving the best cemetery tour in the world. Half and Full day tours available every day, recommend at 9am and 3.00pm, but a variety of other start times are of course available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Northland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“the only way to get anything out of BA in 3 days!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just got back from three days in BA after an extensive stay in another province. We wanted to break up our return and get a bit of the city's culture. It had been 12 years since I'd been to BA and had friends with us who had never been there, so we thought the tours was the way to go. They were a real highlight of our overall Argentine experience. Alan and his team do a great job of communicating before you book, after you book and prior to arrival and the tour dates to prepare you so you get everything you possibly can out of the experience. We had four people so it was really cost effective because they were running a special of "pay for three and the fourth is free". We did a tour our first two mornings: San Telmo and La Boca one day and Retiro/Recoleta the second with the cemetery being a big highlight. After the first day, we knew how to use the subway and bus system thanks to those being the way we got around for the first tour. Alan lead one and Jessica the other - both excellent tour guides. We also took the company's recommendation for a tango/dinner show and it was excellent. Everything came off without a hitch, we were picked up at our accommodation by private car and taken to the show and returned afterwards as part of the price. Also a real thank you to Isabelle who communicated by email very effectively. Such a pleasure to deal with professional friendly services in a foreign city. They left us with the feeling that if we needed anything while we were there, we could have rang them for advice.

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Well worth it!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip to BA. We did both the San Telmo and Recoleta tours on different days. It's a great way to get comfortable with Buenos Aires if you have not been here before. The tour allows you to ask cultural questions about BA and learn the do's and dont's.

The guides are very helpful on restaurant recommendations as well as other things to do in BA. Great job BA Tours!

Santa Monica, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and informative”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was worried about my very limited Spanish skills, so I decided to schedule some English-speaking tours to help me get oriented, and bring some structure to my visit. I had over a week in BA, so I decided to do three separate 3-hour tours vs. a single 7-hour tour. This gave me something to do every day and allowed going a bit more in depth with each neighborhood.

The tours themselves were great - my guide would meet me at my hotel, and we would then walk, cab, subway or bus our way to the tour route. Midway through, we'd have a break in a notable cafe; we'd rest our feet, have some friendly conversation and a snack, and I'd learn more about the venue and surrounding area. The excursions were excellent for me as a solo traveler, and I think they could be even more fun with one or more additional people.

I had two guides; Jessica for two tours, and Oliver for one. They were both very good, and Jessica was truly outstanding. In the end, I got a fantastic introduction to many major landmarks, learned a lot of the city's and nation's history, and also benefited from practical tips on how to use public transportation, make/keep change, etc. There were a couple of places I ended up going back to for more in-depth exploration on my own, and I probably never would've discovered them if relying solely on guidebooks.

This was money and time well spent, without a doubt!

San Rafael, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fascinating walking tour of Buenos Aires”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Our guide, Allan, met us at our hotel. He is a British citizen who moved to BA to study Spanish and fell in love with the area. This is evident in his intelligent and humourous tour. His grasp of history is excellent. I am a history buff and knew bits of the Argentine story, but during our walking tour Allan wove it all together so we came to understand the development of not only the city but the country, along with the Argentine character.
Allan's insider tips are also great for getting the most out of your time and money.
We have taken many tours and this was one of the best.

Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Alan www.buenostours.com”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

In Buenos Aires, Argentina on the 28th September at 8.45 - 4.00 Pm., my wife and I arranged a private walking tour with Alan from his company Buenostours [see website above].
We were met at our hotel and over the next 7 hours visited many "out of the way" places in the capital city, rode the oldest train, had coffee at the oldest cafe and lunch at an authentic Argentinean pizzeria. One of the many highlights was a guided tour of the Teatro Colon a magnificent Opera house, being among one of the best in the world with a special & for us a lucky female guide who sang two arias for the tour group - very special indeed. Alan organized the tickets in advance, planned the tour and was extremely pleasant and informative to be with. For anyone wishing to spend a great day walking around this magnificent city with a guide, we would highly recommend contacting Alan in advance of your visit or after arrival.
Tim & Gail Mew, Melbourne, Australia.

Visited September 2012