“Outstanding Value”

BuenosTours
Ranked #1 of 211 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The 1st private guided walking tour specialists in Buenos Aires, the capital city of Argentina - now also offering private vehicle tours, tango nightlife tours & other local tourism services. Our tours are led by native English-speaking guides now living long-term in Buenos Aires. Listed by the UK's Guardian newspaper as giving the best cemetery tour in the world. Half and Full day tours available every day, recommend at 9am and 3.00pm, but a variety of other start times are of course available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Our day with Buenos Tours more than met our expectations. Jessica took us to places that tourists never see and we also viewed all the main tourist attractions. We learned so much about the city and its culture. We enjoyed a delicious lunch in a charming restaurant filled with local folks. We learned about Argentine history and culture and enjoyed walking through many different neighborhoods, some totally upscale and some not so much, but each one fascinating.
Don't miss the opportunity to experience the true Buenos Aires with Jessica.
Also, we were upset when we had to make a last minute schedule change and Alan was wonderfully flexible and made rapid alterations to assure us of a comfortable time that fit our new schedule.

Date of experience: June 2012
"adopted city"
in 8 reviews
"recoleta cemetery"
in 48 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 17 reviews
in 12 reviews
"great city"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I took this tour during a stopover in Buenos Aires in August of 2010. Jessica was my tour guide (although Alan answered all of my questions via email prior to making the reservation and was very helpful).

Jessica was incredibly knowedgeable. She arrived on time at my B&B. She showed me all of the main historical sights in the downtown area, including the Casa Rosada, Plaza de Mayo, Avenida 9 de Julio, etc. She was also able to navigate throught the line to have lunch at Cafe Tortini. Later on we took the Metro to Plaza Dorego and took a walking tour through San Telmo.

I love to walk around cities and soak everything in, but doing so in a faraway place can be challenging. I also enjoy a good conversation. But I like to be able to converse with someone who knows the region and history. Jessica met both of these qualities! She helped me to navigate the city and she was very knowlegable. I learned a lot about Buenos Aires from her and I also enjoyed her company.

I highly reccommend this tour. I did not have a lot of time to spend in Buenos Aires, but felt like I got to experience in the city because of Buenos tours.

(FYI - the date of my review says August 2011 but I came in August 2010)

Date of experience: August 2011
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This review is a bit late in coming, my wife and I were in BsAs week of March 21 and took the all day walking tour with Alan. Alan met us at our hotel in microcenter took a taxi to St. Elmo and proceeded on a 9 hour stroll through this great City. Alan was a great guide explaining a lot of the history and politics of not only BaAs but of Argentina and this area of South America. Stopped for coffee in the AM and then for lunch in the afternoon. Saw a bunch of sights and ended at the fantastic cemetery around 6pm. Alan provided great recommendations for dining and a tango show, an oh yeah, the best ice cream in the continent.

Date of experience: March 2012
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We did a whole day walking tour with Alan. The tour was excellent, just enough information to not overload us. This was certainly the best tour I've taken of Buenos Aires, where many of the tours claim to be bilingual but have a terrible translation. Alan gave us a great layout of the city as well as recommendations for the rest of the week. If you don't have time for a full day tour, I highly recommend the tour of the Recoleta Cemetery- Extremely well done.

Date of experience: April 2012
See more reviews
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I booked two days of tours with Buenos Tours per recommendations from Trip Advisor users. We found our guide, Jessica, was great and knowledgeable. We followed her suggestions and were very pleased. She was able to provide good perspective about social and political conditions without bias. I highly recommend reading Buenos Tours website link regarding walking tour safety. I read it and followed the recommendations. My purse was stolen the first full day and since I followed the recommendations, the thieves got nothing of value. I still felt violated but we did not have get a replacement passport or cancel any credit cards thanks to the Buenos Tours pointers.

Date of experience: April 2012