Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 AM
More Information

Ways to Experience BuenosTours
from $136.00
More Info
All reviews buenos tours walking tour san telmo la boca private tour oliver interests guide city history ba retiro perspective development pablo
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2011

On a short stopover in Buenos Aires we had the best guided city walk you could ever have. Jessica introduced us to the the history, the politics and the beauty of the old city. (plus a few markets) We even stopped for a coffee at the most fascinating old world cafe.

That night it only got better when we went to a Tango show which included a great dinner, drinks and incredible dancing.

Thank you Alan for organising all of this and making our short visit so memorable.

Russell

Date of experience: May 2011
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I and a freind of mine planned a visit to Buenos Aires for a few days in conjunction with travel elsewhere in Argentina. After looking at a number of different tour options, we chose Buenos Aires Private Walking Tours. We weren't sure what to expect because their website indicates its a group of expatriates, writers and travel guides who conduct private tours. We were not disappointed. Our guide Jessica arrived at our hotel on time and provided a great three hour tour. She is originally from New Jersey but currently lives in Buenos Aires, has degrees in Spanish and Latin American history, and was able to share so many personal insights about the people of Argentina and the history of the area. She helped us learn how to use the subway and gave us directions to other landmarks. We also booked other tours with one of the large tour bus companies but this tour far surpassed those and was well worth the money. I would highly recommend booking a tour with this company if planning a visit to the area. The service was excellent.

Date of experience: April 2011
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We took a 3 hour tour of Buenos Aires with Jessica, our guide. It was the perfect introduction to Buenos Aires. We were traveling with 2 children, ages 12 and 9, and she made sure that the sights we saw were interesting to them as well. She pointed out a 200-year old rubber tree, shared some ghost stories at Recoleta Cemetery, and pointed out red phone booths and mailboxes that marked some of the British contributions to the city. Her love of the city is evident in her deep knowledge of its history. When we return to Buenos Aires (I am sure we will), we will surely call on Buenos Tours again.

Date of experience: April 2011
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My husband and I were promptly met by Alan at our hotel upon arriving from the airport for our 7 plus hour walking tour. I had hired him via TripAdvisor and paid a downpayment of $40 via PayPal. He emailed us a few times and we got to "know" him before we left. We were given a terrific tour of the city. Having lived there many years before I knew a little bit and it was obvious to myself and my husband that he really knew his facts and history. He is a wealth of information and has a friendly easy going way about him and seems to be well liked by the cafe and restaurant we visited with him. Since we were staying for over a week, he gave us good security tips and what else to see and do.

Date of experience: March 2011
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Alan is a wonderful guide. He arrived promptly,and was organized yet quite relaxed.. In just a few hours we learned quite a bit about many important Buenos Aires buildings and Argentine history, visited a grand and lovely cafe and even learned how to navigate the subway system. I highly recommend his tour.

Date of experience: March 2011