“Brilliant Experience”

Marcelo Alejandro Mansilla
Ranked #9 of 285 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tour Guide in Buenos Aires - Friendly, Easygoing & Professional... If you would like to see the city through the eyes of a local rather than the usual structured tour circuit, then I'm the right person for you!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney, Australia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Brilliant Experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

A friend & I visited Buenos Aires for two days on Aurora. We engaged Marcello to take us around both days. On the first we walked all around the central city & on the second went by car to places like Recoleta, San Telmo, La Boca & Retiro.
I've always wanted to visit Buenos Aires & my expectations were more than fulfilled thanks to Marcello. He is a fountain of knowledge and brought the city, it's history, politics & life style alive to us.
He is a charming young man, very reliable & will always put your interests first. He even brings things like guides, suntan lotion & the like in case you have forgotten something.
He is one of the best guides I have ever had & I would recommend him unhesitatingly.
Don't miss out on this experience.

Annecy, France
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 218 helpful votes
“The Streets Come Alive with Marcelo!”
Reviewed February 27, 2011

My husband and I spent two half days visiting BA's sites. He is a fantastic guide and a charming licensed guide. Marcelo speaks fluent English, will design a walking tour that meets your needs, and is more than helpful in finding interesting things to see and do when not in his company. If you want to enhance your visit to BA, contact Marcelo in advance to arrange a tour. Suggest you tour with him early in your trip so he can give you a better understanding of the history BA and why it is called the Paris of South America.

Red Bank, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Guy and Tour”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We found Marcelo doing a web search. I contacted him about six months before going to Buenos Aires. Marcelo was very professional in all of his correspondence. We booked him for an evening, a full day the next day, and a half day following before leaving on a cruise ship.

I felt that we got to see a part of Buenos Aires that most tourists don't get to see or understand. While we visited many of the sites that all tourists have to visit it was his personal explanations and commentary that made it special. I felt like we very visiting BA with a friend.

He is highly professional, knowledgeable and a really nice guy. Thanks Marcelo for a wonderful experience in Buenos Aires.

Visited February 2011
Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Informative interactive tour”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Our group of 3 couples so enjoyed our tour with Marcelo. He picked us up at our hotel promptly. We originally arranged a 4 hour tour, but ended up using 6 hours of his time to show off this beautiful city. He explained the historical significance of churches, government buildings etc. We were moved by the Falcon war memorial. So much history! He took us a famous cafe where tango originated many years earlier. I highly recommend this tour with this knowledgeable and personable young man! Thanks Marcelo!

Visited February 2011
Moline, Illinois
“Marcelo was more like a friend than a guide!”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We found Marcelo through Google Search and picked him due to online recommendations and we're not disappointed. We had him for 2 full-day and he showed us all the main neighborhoods in Buenos Aires (BA). He helped in making all reservations to ensure our stay in BA to be worry-free. Thanks Marcelo! We're sure we'll be seeing Marcelo again when we're back in Argentina.