“at home in the heart of Baires”

Atempo Design Hotel
Ranked #118 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent 5 nights in this hotel, got a great room on the top floor, with a great terrace overlooking the swimming pool.
I loved the hotel. the location might not be very central but it is walking distance from all the top restaurants, shops and bars in Palermo.
A lively area, i was never scared of going back even late at night.
The rooms are plenty of light, simple but clean and with all conforts. just reckon with having a commuter for your plugs as the plugs are not adapted for international spines (the hotel anyway borrows adaptors but in most hotels in Argentina you don't need them).
The hotel staff is young and very kind, they are not invasive, just respectful of your privacy but very available if you ask for advices or need their help.
breakfast is not very exciting i have to say but i enjoyed so much the rest of the stay that in the end i didnt even care (there's a very good cafeteria just at the corner of the street with Garriti street, one minute far).
The pool is small but i enjoyed relaxing on its side after a day of walking in Baires.
I would definitely be back and would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: not sure if all the rooms have a terrace but it definitely makes a difference!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank chiara r
There are newer reviews for Atempo Design Hotel

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Atempo looks like a brand new design hotel in the less busy area of Palermo, the appallingly named Palermo Hollywood (as opposed to the more hectic and equally absurdly named Palermo Soho). So, inferiority complexes aside, this is a great pick if you're looking for nice, big rooms but don't care about the fact that they only serve breakfast here and nothing else, not even a club sandwich late at night. The pool in the back is great for a dip anytime in the afternoon, as Buenos Aires is very hot in the summer months. The prices are still decent, although the days of dirt cheap Buenos Aires are gone.

Room Tip: There are duplexes in the hotel, but one of the employees told me that the rooms on the fourth floor...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frederico N
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel was a real treat ! We booked a duplex, and a duplex it was ! So BIG ! Really an excellent room, huge, clean and very well decorated. Staff very friendly. Perfect neighborhood. 5 stars for all ! I'd go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked the loft for 3 night with friends and it was a fine stay. Room is new, comfortable and spacious. Bathroom is also spacious and with the good thing of having the sink on the outside (nice touch, especially when sharing with friends). There is also a small kitchen and a bathroom downstairs (no shower though). There is a small pool in the back, but nothing outstanding. Breakfast is worth for the money you pay (there are also other good options right at the corner of the street) Hotel is well located, near excellent restaurants and bars in Palermo Hollywood and walking distance form Palermo Soho. Staff is nice, but not outstanding. It´s a hotel that delivers a good service for what you pay. I would stay there again.

I´ve been over 15 times in Buenos Aires over the last 20 years and seen the shift from Recoleta to Palermo Soho and Hollywood (all nice neighborhoods to stay in). This is the first time I stay in Palermo Hollywood and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marceloRioDeJaneiro
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my 5th visit to Atempo and one can read my first review made a few years ago. The equipments were fine considering the time and the bed still amazing. I only have good things to say about the neighborhood, apart of course from dog feces everywhere, but this is unfortunately normal in Buenos Aires! Now Palermo has even more and nicer restaurants and bars. Most foreigners stay in Palermo Soho, where everything is 50% more expensive, noisier and less "local".
Points to be careful - although I have been there several times and sent several friends directly, they never know who I am. I'm not asking for a discount or any pampering, but some recognition for loyalty would be the minimum.
The staff is now cold and a bit careless, different from past experiences. It just seems like everyone is being underpaid and couldn't care less about their jobs (with just one exception). This is certainly a management issue - the owner or whoever he has taking care of his business - maybe both!
Apparently other reviewers had some safety issues - I remember on past times seeing security officers at night, which I didn't see this time ,
I hope this is not a sign that this property is going down the hill on their value for money and charm. I would be sad if I had to look for an alternative in the area.

Room Tip: The lofts are the best choice - ask for one facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrisBrazil
Nicolas B, Gerente at Atempo Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear chrisBrazil:

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you were "Back and Happy" and regret that we did not fully meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments as customer feedback essential as a means to self-improvement.
We want to thank you for recommending us to your friends and please feel free to contact me directly at nicolasbril@atempohotel.com next time you want to visit us.

Atempo Design Hotel looks forward to see you again

Best regards

Nicolas

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Hotel in a great location - close to many great restaurants.
Air conditioning leaked and we almost slipped down the stairs. Loft was very lovely. Pool not as we had imagined but was a nice looking modern hotel. However the main issue we would never stay here again or recommend is the lack of security.
BA is a very unsafe city but only after our 3rd night we realised our balcony door wasn't locked - not a massive deal. But picture this - one night at 2am in the morning you hear your door unlock and someone enters your room downstairs (2 story loft) you think you're hearing things but no - there is a (drunk?) man in your room downstairs. You scream and he walks out - apparently our rooms key system worked with any key. Hotel did not feel this was a big deal ... After much insistance we moved rooms - there are no double locks for the room just that key entry. If you stay here - Use a chair against the door at night. And we never did find him again - so a drunken mistake and faulty door or a burglar and a scam who knows..

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Littlemisseatalot
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Air conditioner started leaking on day 1 and shocked I was when front desk staff came and said "here we have a law that AA only work between 22 and 26 degrees or it will leak" and was asked to move room at 11 pm at night. Also I sent clothes for laundry (after being assaulted by a man and a woman on avenue Mayo, splashing green bird sediment on my hair and clothes and confusing me to drop my canon camera on which the man jumped on and the woman confusing me offering paper and water to clean the sediment with the purpose to take the wallet in my pocket) since the first day and only after the second day, when I followed up with call about it, wishing to put on my clothes, the answer was it is not yet ready and surprising was, minutes after when downstairs going to town, to see that they just called the laundry at that same moment. If you want tour of the city, please DON'T by any reason book it through the hotel because the service is unreliable and confusing.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank cristinachang
Nicolas B, Gerente at Atempo Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Atempo Design Hotel.
Your constructive comments are very important to us.

It is disappointing to hear that we were unable to live up to our high brand standards and that you found our original response to your concerns unsatisfactory.

Please rest assured that since your stay with us changes have been made and we have taken your feedback seriously. I do sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity welcome you back.

Additionally, should you wish to further discuss your concerns I can be reached via email at info@atempohotel.com

Kind regards,