“Chic Boutique Hotel in Great Neighborhood of Buenos Aires”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Algodon Mansion

Algodon Mansion
Ranked #120 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Knoxville
“Chic Boutique Hotel in Great Neighborhood of Buenos Aires”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The Algodon Mansion is a great place to stay in BA. There are only 10 rooms and the service fantastic. We had room ten which was very well appointed with modern elegant finishings and the best shower I have ever been in! They have great attention to detail including a hidden adapter that will work with any plug. Nice touch!
The food was excellent and the concierges were all very fun as well as very helpful. If you have ever stayed at Jay's Paris in Paris, France, the Algodon is quite similar in terms of rooms, location and service BUT the Algodon has a great restaurant as well.
They just got their Relais and Chateau certification last month so I am thinking it will be smart to book in advance!

Room Tip: Room 10 is super. You'll LOVE the shower.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LisaKnoxville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at Algodon Mansion (and also their Winery Estates in San Rafael shortly thereafter). Everything looked amazing (rooms, beds, food, wine, everything), and the attentive full service was outstanding.
The Mansion was quiet and serene (which is what I was looking for), with a good staff to guest ratio.
Their restaurant, Chez Nous was outstanding, and we even ran into the Chef the next day, who was extremely friendly and down to earth, despite the fact that he runs arguably the best restaurant in Buenos Aires.
The concierge was great with recommending and even booking excursions and restaurant reservations throughout our stay.
The most unique and memorable part of the hotel: the winelist on iPad...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank J L
New Haven
Reviewed January 21, 2012

For our part business, part pleasure visit of Buenos Aires we decided to splurge. After reviewing the usual choices of upscale hotels such as the Four Seasons, Palacia Duhau and Alvear Palace we decided on the recently opened Algodon Mansion, which due to its size and location seemed to suit our needs (and wants) better. From start to finish it was fantastic. The hotel contacted us for possible transportation needs and any other wishes prior to arrival. The airport pick-up went smoothly and the welcome and check-in pleasant and effortless. Our personal butler explained everything without us feeling overwhelmed and immediately made dinner reservations. The bottle of Algodon wine in the room was perfect, more so since we, on a walk through beautiful Recoleta, found an upscale mall with a fabulous produce shop selling unbelievable Argentinian sausages and cheeses, that went well with the wine.
The room was fabulous (we were upgraded to an imperial suite), high quality materials and one of the best bathrooms ever: Beautiful white marble with a huge tub and a brilliantly designed shower easily converted to a steam shower. Our room had a small balcony looking out on the backyards of neighboring properties, nice for a morning coffee, and it was absolutely quiet at night. Nice touch in the room was the Nespresso coffee machine, first 3 cups free (which is a bit odd if you share the room, 2 or 4 makes more sense).
Breakfast was absolutely great and sufficient to sustain you through lunch. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent.
Our butler arranged tango lessons and provided good tips for places to go in town. BA is safe to walk through during the daytime; we walked to Palmetto, Plaza de Mayo and more. Recoleta is absolutely safe in the evening and a stroll back to the hotel after dinner is nice.

Next time we come to BA we will be back at the mansion and combine it with a trip to Mendoza to visit their winery.

Pro's: Location, service, small scale
Con's: none

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank doublebooked
London
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Amazing hotel. The staff are fabulous. Extremely attentive and make everything look so effortless.

Our personal Butler, Martin was wonderful and could not have been more helpful.

The rooms are immaculate and the bath and shower are fantastic.

Great location. Highly recommend this luxury hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This was my first ever trip to South America. I decided to stay at the Algodon Mansion based on all the great reviews. I even joined the TabletPlus program to enhance my experience even more. I have no regrets. Even months before my actual stay, they were very responsive to questions that I sent them. I arranged for the hotel to provide my car service from and to the airport -- perfectly executed. I also, at the last minute, wanted to try and get into a specific restaurant. They were willing to try and get me in, pulling all sorts of connections to try and get me in. Ultimately, they could not, but Martin, one of the personal butlers, provided me with a great recommendation as an alternative and made the arrangements.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are spacious and well-appointed. I had one of the Imperial Suites and it was exactly as described and pictured on their website. I think over the three nights I stayed the hotel's 10 rooms were mostly booked. However, I never felt like the hotel was anything but a quiet sanctuary, a welcome retreat from touring the streets of Buenos Aires in 90-degree heat. The rooftop plunge pool provided a needed refreshing respite in between city explorations.

Breakfast was included (taken in the Chez Nous restaurant), where you could order a continental breakfast offering of pastries, juice and coffee/tea, or pick from a nice list of a la carte offerings. I happen to have a large appetite in the morning, so I ordered the continental breakfast an additional a la carte item. I did get charged for the extra item, but it was not exhorbitant, especially given the quality of the hotel and dining room. I also had lunch and afternoon tea and both had quality choices (including a very nice selection of teas). And, for as elegant as the hotel is, they never had a problem with a dress code during the morning and afternoon (I did not dine there in the evening).

My TabletPlus booking allowed me a later checkout (2 pm), but the car was not scheduled to take me to the airport until 7 pm. They graciously stored my luggage and told me that I could go up to the spa after my afternoon out to shower and freshen up before going to the airport.

It was a wonderful stay in a very nice neighborhood, only a few blocks from such sights as the Recoleta Cemetary. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Lancaster
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was a quiet refuge in Recoleta. The suite was very well thought out and large. The service from front desk to butler to concierge to restaurant was excellent. They were extremely accommodating in every way.

Room Tip: Only 10 rooms and all are large
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bridgeexpert
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I am in LOVE with this hotel. Im lucky enough that for my work I get to stay at luxury hotels all over the world...while that is great, it also means that my standards are high and it takes a lot to surprise or impress me. Algodon Mansion managed to do just that.
From the time I walked in and got served champagne by the gorgeous and super friendly Jimena who was dressed to the nines in a black cocktail dress, I knew this place was all about the elegance. When I got escorted up to my room by my personal butler Fernando, (who was so cool that he made me feel actually relaxed about the surreal fact that I had my own butler), my jaw dropped. The room was huge and had every attention to detail all sorted out. Everything was top shelf, from the towels, sheets, espresso machine, EVERYTHING. I received a welcome gift of champagne and chocolates (always a nice touch), and jumped right into the huge jacuzzi tub that had colortherapy lights and speakers built in from below so that I could listen to music even while submerged underwater. Piles of bubbles courtesy of L'Occitane made the whole thing even better. At night there happened to be a cocktail party on-site for a famous Buenos Aires artist, which was great to enjoy something like that without having to leave the hotel. The food at Chez Nous was absolutely delicious without ever being pretensious, and a week later I am still thinking about how beautuful their simple green salad with edible flowers was.
I can only think of one bad thing about this hotel...and that is the fact that after staying here, your standards will be raised so high that every other hotel you stay at afterwards may not be enjoyable. Im SO looking forward to the next chance that I get to stay here.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to the room with the colortherapy bathtub and steam room in the bathroom. :)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo