“Outstanding and memorable dinner”
Review of Chila

Chila
Ranked #18 of 4,926 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
Description: CHILA has gourmet cuisine with Argentinian products. CHILA has several prizes: Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2015, Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2014, Position 28th in the 50 best Restauraants in Latinamerica 2013 (San Pellegrino guide), Best Argentinian Restaurant 2008 (Argentinian Academy of Gastronomy), CHEF of the Future 2009 (International Academy of Gastronomy, Best Restaurant 2010 (Cuisine & Vins).
Buenos Aires
“Outstanding and memorable dinner”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had to impress a Dutch friend visiting BA, and took him to Chila. From the moment you sit down the experience changes the way you look at having dinner out. The service is ultra knowledgeable and tries hard at understanding what you like. We tried 3 course meal (3 pasos) recommended by a very well known chef. We went from eating octopus to a very delicate white fish, to end with a an exquisite ice cream.
You might find it pricey, but has to be compared to any top restaurant around the world hence it becomes a decent value.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Incredible”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I ate at Chila on our last night in BA, and on our 10th anniversary. It was memorable and wonderful!

Chila offers a prix fixe menu of either three or seven courses, with or without a wine pairing. We liked the choices of the three course menu better, so we went with that and ordered a bottle of wine. The service was excellent and so was the food (and the atmosphere/view was as well-it is on the river in the nice Puerto Madero area). The food is exquisitely presented, and was really wonderful. If you like a giant plate of food, and hate "pretty" food with foam, then this is not the place for you. We found it to be plenty of food and I felt that the seven courses would be too much. We both loved our plates and had a wonderful time at the restaurant. They brought us a complimentary glass of champagne at the end of the meal for our anniversary.

We wished we had spent more time in the Puerto Madero area because it really appealed to us and we only went on our last night.

Visited June 2014
Delray Beach, Florida
“Beyond Incredible!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

No puedo describir este cenar en español con bastante detalle, entonces aquí es mi recomendación en ingles….

This meal completely blew me away. From start to finish, this was a culinary experience that will stay with me throughout my life. It was second only to the meal I had at Azul at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami, under chef Joel Huff.

Inventive, fresh, and unique flavor combinations, along with the play of proportion, texture and composition kept my taste buds engaged throughout this meal. We opted for the three course option. I began with perfectly seared, melt-in-your-mouth scallops which had subtle hits of fennel that provided a green balance to the richness of the dish. I proceeded with the black hake, which was plated so beautifully, that it took me a few minutes to have the heart to disrupt the painterly streaks on the plate. Again, the fish had a beautiful, crunchy sear, and the pairings were surprising and delicious. The third course was as many forms of chocolate and fig as one could imagine, and my favorite component was ice cream that had impossibly concentrated fig flavor.

At 590 pesos (without drinks) per person, it was incredible value for the artistry that was presented to us. I would recommend this gem to anyone looking for a really special culinary experience.

• Visited June 2014
São Paulo
“Nice place in Puerto Madero”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nice place wiith a beautiful view of the river as we sat near the window.
The ambiance is clean and the tables well positioned. The waiters were very attentive and helpful.
We had the course meal and it was a great surprise with quality, presentation and taste of the dishes we chosed.
The price was adequate for the level of the restaurant and the quality of the meal.We didn't drink wine, only a beer and water. But even then we considered that it was a good choice and it was worth.

• Visited June 2014
Phila., PA
“Wonderful, romantic dinner”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our first BA meal here and were very pleased. The staff was very welcoming and bilingual (being our first night in BA, this was very helpful). The food was delicious, we both had fish which was a welcome option after all the red meat we had in Mendoza! It was prix fixe, which isn't usually our thing, but we felt we had sufficient options, so no worries. We found the food imaginative and very well executed. The wine list was good and competitively priced. The waitstaff was pleasant and the meal was well paced. The view was fabulous. Overall, would highly recommend!