“Beautiful food, beautiful food.”
Review of Chila

Chila
Ranked #21 of 5,332 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
Description: CHILA has gourmet cuisine with Argentinian products. CHILA has several prizes: Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2015, Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2014, Position 28th in the 50 best Restauraants in Latinamerica 2013 (San Pellegrino guide), Best Argentinian Restaurant 2008 (Argentinian Academy of Gastronomy), CHEF of the Future 2009 (International Academy of Gastronomy, Best Restaurant 2010 (Cuisine & Vins).
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Overlooking the river in Puerto Madero this is an elegant, first class restaurant with smooth service. We had the 3 course menu and it was all carefully prepared and attractively presented. The sweetbreads were outstanding and the wine list varied and satisfying.

1  Thank Pat M

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

A very nice restaurant in Puerto Madero. Chic ambience, superb service, excellent food. Great wine variery and the best of all:
The bread. Not just the typical bread you have at every place you go. Once you sit down a server will come with a tray of bread selections which are warm for you to choose, how many you would like: dont leave without trying the MALBEC bread!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went with friends on Valentine's Day and enjoyed everything about the place, except for one thing. Food, service and atmosphere were exceptional. We sat near the window and had a great view of the river. The city lights were lovely. Our one and only gripe was that when we came out of the restaurant on a Friday night, we had to walk almost a mile to get away from the car and people congestion of the location. Finding a cab was an impossibility until we walked that far away. Maybe it would be better on a weeknight.

1  Thank csg479
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had dinner on a Sunday with family & friends. We hadn't planned to go there, although I had eaten at the restaurant a few years ago and had a good experience, we were looking for a new place but ended up there, and SO glad we did!
They have changed things up since my last visit. You can only have a menu (not a la carte) and you have-if I remember correctly- 3 choices for each starter/main/dessert. Being a picky eater I had my reservations, but I needn't have worried.
The restaurant itself is modern, sober and very tastely decorated, they now have an open kitchen, which is an eye catcher but also the rest of it looks very good, including the toilets.
Staff super-friendly, which is NOT a given in places like this in BA, they explained everything to us with patience and kept an eye out for filling glasses up without being intrusive.
To the food now: I have eaten in pretty good restaurants across Europe and can safely say this is the best meal I've had anywhere. All 6 in our party were blown away by this place and the whole experience. The chef has to be one of the best -if not the best right now- from the country.
They bring you a appetizers, sorbet & petit fours on the house. You have to try their bread!
Pretty good wine selection, we tried several different bottles of red and all of them were very good. It's a pricey place but definitely worth it.

I highly recommend Chila for an otherworldly experience. Loved it and can't wait for my next visit!

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Ever since they remodeled I can't take my eyes off the open kitchen view. Only order the tasting menu and let the pros pair up the wines. It's nationally inspired cuisine with a touch of "molecular" style. Dessert cheese cart rocks!