See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Thank you, Amy and Angel, for being so welcoming and hospitable. Although I don't dance I really enjoyed watching other people have tango lessons, and sharing experiences with other guests. And whilst other places in BA were having power cuts due to the heatwave, we never missed a beat at C d L, where the air conditioning was a life saver. Also, the wifi was excellent, which is really important when you are travelling on your own.
Plus, Amy went to a lot of trouble to put on a Christmas dinner for all the guests, which is more than I could have expected. She even took me along to her hairdresser when I needed a haircut to explain how I wanted it done. I could not have been made more welcome, and will stay there again when I return to BA.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I recently stayed 3 weeks at Conventillo de Lujo and had a great time. The owners Ray and Amy were the best. The rooms were roomy, clean and well kept. The staff was great. The common breakfasts made it easy to meet other guests.

I like to dance tango. The bottom floor has a nice dance floor. It was fun dancing with other guests and watching others who came to practice.

Amy is an excellent tango dancer and teacher. I took some lessons from her. She also went dancing most nights and welcomed any guests to accompany her. I joined her often and met some of friends as well. When she did not dance, she helped the guests organize our dance adventures and destinations.

In total I really enjoyed my stay at Conventillo de Lujo.

Date of stay: September 2013
1  Thank jmdal
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I travelled here on a business trip to Chile and stopped over in BA for a few days. I was travelling on my own as a single woman and the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful to me. They really made the visit for me so welcoming and organised airport transfers and a wonderful day trip to the River Tigres. The atmosphere was relaxed and the staff had time to help.
Breakfast was communal/friendly and delicious. The location is a little out of town but the place and the staff really made up for this and the public transport links were excellent. The neighbourhood was also very safe which is not always the case in downtown BA. I was recommended the house by a colleague and she did me a really turn by sending me here.

Room tip: The accommodation is apartments and all seemed good
Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've stayed in the Conventillo de Lujo 4 or 5 times and always found it comfortable, friendly and a terrific place to base my activities from in BA. It's cheerful & pretty and the staff very helpful. I generally bring groups interested in tango and cultural exploration and it's well located for both. I regularly recommend it to students and friends visiting Argentina.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This place is awesome! My friend and I traveled in Argentina for three weeks and spent many nights in crowded rooms. It was fantastic to have some space and be able to cook our own meals. The coffee and fresh fruit in the common area was a bonus. We even had our own balcony!

Conventillo de Lujo is walking distance to many attractions in Buenos Aires (markets and great restaurants included). It's also convenient to bus lines and the metro. Amy was a fantastic hostess (you might be a bit overwhelmed by her friendliness at first, but you'll be thankful for it by the time you leave).

As someone who travels a lot, I highly recommend this place. It's one of the best we came across in Argentina.

Room tip: We stayed in the horse room. It was fabulous.
Date of stay: January 2012