“truly a great experience”
Review of Aramburu

Aramburu
Ranked #4 of 4,932 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Melbourne
“truly a great experience”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Straight off the plane from Australia, dropped our bags and then off to Aramburu. Its little ,so book ahead, and its a taxi fare from most parts of the City, but a little oasis once you are inside.
The food is superb and beautifully presented. Not a bad course in sight. The staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
Its quite an experience and was a wonderful way to start a Sth American adventure for us. Actually it would be an even better way to say farewell to this great land..

• Indonesian first
berlin
“Just the best and most creative food in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

One year ago I had decided to celebrate my birthday at this highly acclaimed restaurant and it was one of the most memorable food experiences in my life. This year I tried Armaburu again, curious whether it will be as good. And it was a mindblowing feast again! Ten points for the dreamlike taste, ten points for the quality of the ingredients, ten points for the creativity of presentation, ten points for the amazing playing with textures, ten points for the wonderful wines from all over Argentina and ten points for atmosphere and service. The set menu changes four times in a year. This evening my absolute favourite was the trout with cauliflower sorbet. But every course was a surprise and a pleasure. Thanks to Gonzalo Aramburu and his team. No question where I hope to celebrate my next birthday for a feast of all senses.

• Visited December 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“One of the best meals...ever”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We like food. We eat at a fair number of pretty decent restaurants. Aramburu was definitely the best restaurant we ate at while in Buenos Aires (others we tried included Unik, Casa Saltshaker, and Oviedo- all excellent too). The staff is super attentive, the food imaginative and super delicious. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if it had 2 michelin stars in the US. The best part is that with current exchange rates, two 10 course dinners with one of us having a wine paring came out to be about $130 USD, expensive yes but a ridiculous value compared to any place in the US or Europe. Definitely go if you have a chance.

Some practical tips: Argentinians eat dinner late- we had 830 reservations and the restaurant was half full at first. It is in an area of San Telmo that doesnt have that much else around- take a taxi and the restaurant can call a taxi for you before you leave.

1 Thank Kevin K
New York City, New York
“Fabulous”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had dinner just now and I was blown away with the food. Impeccable quality and presentation. The food like art and the flavour was spot on. It was pricey but worth every single cent.

Visited November 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Superb dining experience!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Aramburu is a truly epic dining experience! I was in awe of the quality and presentation of the food.

I chose to go to Aramburu to celebrate my brother's birthday. It was an incredibly special evening - 12 tasting plates with 3 desserts. As a special added bonus we had a 13th plate - a mini-birthday cake to wish my brother "feliz cumpleaños". I had only mentioned that it was a birthday celebration when booking the table... and didn't expect an extra dessert. It made it very special that the cake arrived without a special request. Another indication of the attention to detail at Aramburu.

The textures and flavours of the food were sublime. The sommelier was very knowledgeable and helped us to select lovely wines to pair with our food. I rate Aramburu at the very top of the list of Buenos Aires fine dining establishments. Not to be missed!!