“An top of the line culinary experience in an intimate, romantic setting”
Review of Aramburu

Aramburu
Ranked #5 of 5,395 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aramburu bets on the guest experience. The proprietary chef, Gonzalo Aramburu, experiments with sophisticated dishes that reflect his gastronomic philosophy, highlighting techniques of molecular gastronomy, such as: introduction of chemical elements (liquid nitrogen, for example); Foams, air, vacuum production among others. After visiting different restaurants and gastronomic schools of the world, Gonzalo designs daily a space of vanguard. Aramburu Restaurant presents a tasting menu by steps. The creative vision of the author combines Buenos Aires cuisine with national roots and a renewed menu every season.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I went there for our 23rd anniversary and enjoyed it very much. Having enjoyed similar meals at wonderful restaurants like the French Laundry, Meadowood, etc., we agreed that Aramburu is offering an experience that delights the senses at level that is comparable in many ways. Yes, the place is not in a great neighborhood and it is smaller, but the food was presented very creatively (and tasted great), the (all Argentinian) wine pairings were excellent and the service was terrific. After the well-paced meal, we had a nice chat with the chef and left in a taxi ordered by our waitress.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I reserved the chef's table looking directly into the kitchen which was wonderful. It turned a fantastic meal into a truly special experience.
The 12 courses were inventive, delicious and perfectly balanced. Most courses were light with only one small steak course. We chose not to do the wine pairings and instead had a glass of sparkling, a bottle of Riesling and a dessert wine. This was perfect for us. The timing of the courses could be a little too quick at times, we wanted a little longer in between to discuss and watch the kitchen action but this is a very minor quibble.
Chef Aramburu came to speak with us at the end of the meal which was a lovely touch. It was great to be able to express our thanks to him directly.
The service was warm, knowledgable and added much to the experience. Everyone's English was very good so we could really understand the food explanations and the wine recommendations.
One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. I'm still thinking about it and imagine I will for some time to come! Thank you!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was initially supposed to dine at this place on my last evening in BA but was informed a few days in advance that they have availability on the day of my arrival in BA. Obviously I couldn't decline and so I decided to try it out on the first evening.

Whoa!!! I was the first to arrive and hence being offered the chef table, overlooking the kitchen and the team in action. Splendid!

Course after course came and I polished off every single one of them. The wine on the other hand was pretty subjective and while it was good, i don't believe it was the best I have had since I just did a tour in Mendoza. Having said that, they do have an extensive list and the sommelier is there to provide you with advice.

There is no awkward moment, and the courses were very well-paced. To too fast nor too slow. I left the place feeling so heavenly. I must say, it has become one of my favourite restaurant in South America.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had several great meals in BA, and were feeling a little jaded by the time we reached Aramburu, one can only take so much fabulousness in one trip!
Well this was another step up.
12 courses, exciting, innovative, adventurous and delivered by friendly, professional, helpful staff.
A really wondeful dining experience for those who want more the steak and fries.
We loved it.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

When our taxi dropped us at the restaurant we were still uncertain that we were at Aramburu because the restaurant entrance looked inconspicuous, with the street so quiet and dimly lit. Plus the door was locked from the inside. A peek in assured us that the restaurant was not closed as we saw some diners tucking into their dishes.
Aramburu's 12 tasting menu is a must. The dishes are so ingenious and tasty that honestly I rate the dinner worthy of at least a Michelin star given my dinners at many Michelin star restaurants.
I must add too that the service was excellent, and the damage at the end of it all very reasonable. This is a must try restaurant for those who are adventurous and seek excitement.