“Just go! A wonderful experience!”
Review of Aramburu

Aramburu
Ranked #5 of 4,847 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just go! A wonderful experience!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I reserved the chef's table looking directly into the kitchen which was wonderful. It turned a fantastic meal into a truly special experience.
The 12 courses were inventive, delicious and perfectly balanced. Most courses were light with only one small steak course. We chose not to do the wine pairings and instead had a glass of sparkling, a bottle of Riesling and a dessert wine. This was perfect for us. The timing of the courses could be a little too quick at times, we wanted a little longer in between to discuss and watch the kitchen action but this is a very minor quibble.
Chef Aramburu came to speak with us at the end of the meal which was a lovely touch. It was great to be able to express our thanks to him directly.
The service was warm, knowledgable and added much to the experience. Everyone's English was very good so we could really understand the food explanations and the wine recommendations.
One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. I'm still thinking about it and imagine I will for some time to come! Thank you!

• Indonesian first
Singapore, null, Singapore
“It was my first night in BA and my experience at Aramburu was top-notch!!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was initially supposed to dine at this place on my last evening in BA but was informed a few days in advance that they have availability on the day of my arrival in BA. Obviously I couldn't decline and so I decided to try it out on the first evening.

Whoa!!! I was the first to arrive and hence being offered the chef table, overlooking the kitchen and the team in action. Splendid!

Course after course came and I polished off every single one of them. The wine on the other hand was pretty subjective and while it was good, i don't believe it was the best I have had since I just did a tour in Mendoza. Having said that, they do have an extensive list and the sommelier is there to provide you with advice.

There is no awkward moment, and the courses were very well-paced. To too fast nor too slow. I left the place feeling so heavenly. I must say, it has become one of my favourite restaurant in South America.

• Visited October 2013
china
“World class”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had several great meals in BA, and were feeling a little jaded by the time we reached Aramburu, one can only take so much fabulousness in one trip!
Well this was another step up.
12 courses, exciting, innovative, adventurous and delivered by friendly, professional, helpful staff.
A really wondeful dining experience for those who want more the steak and fries.
We loved it.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“A must try restaurant for those who are adventurous and seek excitement.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

When our taxi dropped us at the restaurant we were still uncertain that we were at Aramburu because the restaurant entrance looked inconspicuous, with the street so quiet and dimly lit. Plus the door was locked from the inside. A peek in assured us that the restaurant was not closed as we saw some diners tucking into their dishes.
Aramburu's 12 tasting menu is a must. The dishes are so ingenious and tasty that honestly I rate the dinner worthy of at least a Michelin star given my dinners at many Michelin star restaurants.
I must add too that the service was excellent, and the damage at the end of it all very reasonable. This is a must try restaurant for those who are adventurous and seek excitement.

• Visited September 2013
“Go with high expectations...Aramburu will over-deliver all of them!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After several "so-so" experiences with 3-star Michelin's around the world and superlative comments in tripadvisor, I though it would be just another overrated tripadvisor episode.

I couldn't be so wrong...

Aramburu is a real superb gastronomy experience! Second to none!

The flavour contrasts, the temperature shocks, the smells, the music (Devendra Banhart), the environment, the neighbourhood, everything is unique!

Potentially the best restaurant I've ever been...(together with Zuma in Dubai)

Feel free to go with high expectations...it will over-deliver in each and everyone of them!

• Visited August 2013