“One of the highlights of Buenos Aires”
Review of Polo Elite

and up
Polo Lessons from Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience polo in Buenos Aires is a MUST! This city is the cradle of this awesome sport. We offer all type of activities related to polo. Group and individual polo lessons all year round, prior horseback riding skills are NOT required. During the autumn and spring seasons we go to watch the best polo cups at the most exclusive clubs. If you are a player you can play a game with locals. We also offer shopping tours for products related to the polo industry. We can arrange a unique polo-photo/video tour as well. All in all, we can organize any tailor-made polo outing based on your interests, time available and budget.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This program is amazing for so many reasons - the polo grounds are immaculately kept, the horses are super responsive and well trained and of course Fernando is a fun, friendly, patient and passionate teacher of the craft. On top of all that, Fernando goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you enjoy not only your day with him, but also the rest of your time in Buenos Aires by giving helpful advice on things to do and see in the city. Moreover, by answering any and all questions you may have about the sport, the city, the country and his life in general, Fernando gives you a deeper and more genuine understanding of the psyche of the Argentinian people which you just won't get from reading the guidebooks.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Fernando goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy yourself. This was one of the best events we did in B.A. Probably going to cost me much more though now that the wife has discovered polo. Thanks for that Fernando.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Being raised on horses, I always get suckered into some trail ride or round up on my trips. This was by far the best horse experience and in my top five for excursions. Fernando is an excellent trainer who showed that he was able to work with each rider's abilities. It was a ton of fun and I highly recommend it for the trained riders as well as the novices!

1  Thank janiebeth2
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This program is awesome because of Fernando. He is really friendly and funny and is a great, very patient teacher.

The day first started with a very prompt pick-up at a meeting point very close to our hotel. After an hour drive, we got our equipment and Fernando then showed us how to control the horses - all his and all very well trained. He gave our group of 4 very clear instructions and demonstrated the techniques. We were given time to try things out on our own, though he always kept an eye on us and provided tips whenever one of us struggled. One member of our group had prior riding experience so he tailored his instructions so she would also enjoy and learn from the outing. We then learned how to hit the ball and, once we mastered that, we learned a few defensive moves. After we were comfortable with the basic skills, he taught us the rules of the polo and we played a match! It may have only vaguely resembled the professional match that we watched afterwards, but it was still so much fun! After the program, Fernando was kind enough to arrange for us to be driven directly to the airport as we had a flight to catch.

It was a wonderful privilege to learn how to play polo from Fernando, especially since my husband and I have only ridden a horse once before. You can tell he's had plenty of experience teaching beginners and his passion for the game is infectious. This is the ideal way to spend a day away from the city!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was traveling with my family and friends in Argentina for about a month and Polo Elite was absolutely one of my favourite days! Fernando, a professional polo player, was a generous and amazing host for the day who spoke perfect English. Fernando was able to cater to everyone's very different riding abilities. I love horse riding and ride weekly at home in Australia. As an experienced rider, I really appreciated how Fernando got into the polo lesson straight away and allowed me to go at a faster pace than others (like my dad) who had not had much riding experience. Fernando uses his own professional polo horses for the lessons and they are all amazingly well trained. I felt very privileged to be allowed to ride them! It was a really fun day and my whole family really enjoyed it. I made some great friends from this experience too. I highly recommend Polo Elite as a must-do in Argentina. Thanks so much, Fer! :)

2  Thank JenniferJuniperBean