Let's face it, don't come here looking for a beautiful stay, either for the (dis)comfort of the rooms, or for the (tiny) sundeck by the pool... But do come here if you're into some off hours fun with the wandering neighbours, and not counting every penny from your pocket, as the Lugar Gay does not come cheap.
It costs almost 100 USD per night, all tax inclusive, with breakfast. You paypal a third when you reserve, then you cash what remains when you arrive.
We like :
- San Telmo seems very central to us and allowed us to reach any part of Buenos aires in no time. It also has a range of choices for food and bars.
- Slow wi fi is free of charge and reachable from our room.
- Cold but enough breakfast is self served from the kitchen
- We found the staff to be pretty nice, all of them
- The "sundeck" and the pool scene are appreciated, even if they are tiny
We did not like :
- At 100 USD per night, the room and the attached bathroom were a big joke. But that is our opinion. Just look at our photos guys...
- Men only please ! And only those with enough feet and arms to go up and down all the narrow stairs with their luggage. Means no lift. But the staff will help the desperate ones.
- Just leave your door open, if you need some fun. Actions go when night calls
All in all, it was funny to be there 3 days, during our visit to BUE, but not sure we'll be back on our next visit. The room is really really not up to our expectation. Badly in need of (big) refurbishment
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Lugar Gay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lugar Gay Hotel Buenos Aires