“Variety with traditional Argentine style grill”
Review of Gourmet Porteno

Gourmet Porteno
Ranked #65 of 5,046 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Sushi, Argentinean, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
Description: In Gourmet Porteno Puerto Madero can enjoy a warm atmosphere, the Best Cooking System Unlimited, combined with the magnificent Carne Argentina and unmatched warmth Portena.
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We went here for lunch which cost about $20 US a person. The food was truly top notch. They cook the meats on the skewer with wood in the traditional style. There were at least ten different types of sausages, beef, chicken, pork, beef, ribs, tripe, stuffed, on the bone......you get the idea. The cold section had all kinds of smoked deli and cheeses, seafood salads, etc. The deserts were unbelievable as well with at least thirty different pies, cakes, cookies, and everything in between. Oh and do not forget the empanadas.

This restaurant is located in an excellent area and had a lot of business types there for lunch. The website is www.gourmetporteno.com.ar.

1  Thank hifreqtrav
There are newer reviews for Gourmet Porteno

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Gourmet Porteno was defined by a large, airy setting on the waterfront in Buenos Aires' Puerto Madera district. And while it was a lengthy taxi ride from our hotel in Palermo Soho, it proved well worth the venture.

Specifically, the restaurant's layout featured a buffet style which was arranged by various stations, including: parrilla, seafood, sushi bar, pasta, salad and dessert - if I'm not excluding anything.

But unlike buffets in the U.S. - Las Vegas in particular (arguably the buffet capital of the world!) - which allow patrons to serve themselves at each station; conversely, at Gourmet Porteno, each station was "manned" individually to allow for (I'm guessing) "cook to order" requests. However, this also led to long lines, and /or significant waits at some of the more popular stops - which was my only (minor) complaint with the setup. Additionally, unlike the U.S., each station also contained a "tip jar", which was not a problem whatsoever, but just different from what we'd been accustomed to.

My only other qualm was that as none of the cooks who took orders at the stations appeared to speak English, it was quite daunting for me, at times, to explain which items I wanted - as there was such variety to choose from - or to ask questions, as there were usually other anxious (Spanish speaking) patrons standing in line behind me, who could readily order what they wanted. And I obviously didn't want to cause further delays for anyone else due to my own awkardness with the language. Thus at times I ended up "settling" for certain items or not getting the associated toppings or garnishments that I wanted...alas. But again, I need to brush up on my Spanish, obviously; so I can't hold this against the establishment itself.

Perhaps a little bit on the pricier side, as buffets go, but well worth the experience. I'd definitely recommend.

On another note, we'd previously read accounts that "rogue" taxis are common in the Puerto Madera district, so just be cautious that you are not being "taken for a ride" in both a figurative and literal sense, as we experienced a bit of "price gouging" ourselves from a taxi upon departing the restaurant.

Otherwise, enjoy!

2  Thank sbendernd
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The restaurant was beautifully decorated inside and very big, with nice tables at the window, facing the port. There were many food stations, one for sea food, one for sushi, one for churrasco (meat), another for past, one for pizza, one for desserts and some others I cannot recall right now. You could eat qualitiy food as much as you could. Sometimes there were lines in these food stations, but you didn´t stay for very long in them. They also had good wine and in the end of the night, my fiancé got another bottle of the same wine we ordered for free because it was father´s day in Argentina, a very nice treat!
And all of this for the relatively small price we paid was very good!

2  Thank classicskier
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Variety of food was incredible.
Quality of food was great, especially considering the reasonable price.

Reviewed December 25, 2010

Great all you can eat of bsAs.
90 pesos each + drinks, and you'll experience a large variety of food..
It goes from a delicious parrilla, sushi bar, gourmet dishes, seafood (shrimp, lobsters, octopus and others), pasta and others.
The wine selection is very nice and the service is great! Very hard to find it somewhere else.
A important thing to say is that I found very few foreigners, most of the costumers live in BsAs.

1  Thank lfpinheiro