“new building, big suite, great location, excellent price”

Concord Callao Hotel by Temporary Apartments
“new building, big suite, great location, excellent price”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I spent 4 nights at this apart hotel, rooms have about 40m2, kitchen and glass table. Super market and everything you need just one block away. Building is modern and location the best in town, close to shops at Sta Fé Street and to restaurants and pubs in Ricoleta. Also you're not far from Retiro and Puerto Madero by cab. The price was just $55/ night.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vila Velha, ES
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Recoleta is one of the nicest neighborhoods in Buenos Aires and this hotel is right at its heart! Close to a wide range of restaurants, bars, shops and transportation. Don't expect much from the hotel, though, it's very basic. I traveled in September and must say the heating wasn't working properlyl: it was either very hot or very cold in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors (too noisy from the street) and make sure A/C is working properly before you m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was rather disappointing.

We stayed in a suite with a view of the swimming pool.

The room is "Spartan" (at best). The room was clean.

The hotel is located close to convenience stores and public transport.

The Internet access never worked during the two days that we stayed in the hotel. I reported the problem to three different staff members. They acknowledged that was a problem and blamed it on their Internet service provider. Each time the staff member claimed that the hotel had no knowledge of the problem (go figure).
If Internet access is in any way important to you, don't stay here.

The suite walls seriously need a coat of paint.

The bath towels are falling apart at the seams (literally).

The compressor for the air-conditioner was contained inside a wooden cupboard INSIDE the bedroom area of our suite.. I kid you not! Every time the air-conditioner compressor starts up, you are going to be woken up.
By the second night we discovered that the noise could be reduced by putting the aircon onto "ECO" mode. Note that every time you restart the aircon, it defaults to "HIGH" mode.

The cutlery and crockery in the self-catering part of our suite was extremely basic. Don't expect to create much more than a pre-cooked meal in the kitchen.Stove equipment included a dual hotplate, one very small frying pan and a very small pot. The rest of the kitchenware was to the same standard.

The TV was a small, old, cathode ray tube device with limited channels (Spanish only).

The office hours of the "reception (room 807 on the 8th floor)" are not as advertised on Booking.com. The office closed earlier than advertised on both the Friday and the Saturday nights that we stayed in the hotel.
The security guard in the reception area of the hotel had no record of our Booking.com reservation when we arrived at the hotel. According to the staff this is not an uncommon problem.

We probably will not stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool-facing room... it HAS to be quieter than that street-facing rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phillip P

Travelers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The only good point of hotel is the swimming pool, although it has cold water.

Based on picture on internet seem to be a good apartament, but they are false, or at least from a specific apartament not available. In fact the apartment they give me is terrible, old, no maintenance, the motor of airconditioning is located inside the room, the noise is very high, bad curtains, locker not working, lights broked, wi-fi not working, old tv, the walls were all cracked up. There is no service to fix the issues or even clean the room. Bad reception, they did not changed or fixed my room.

They always try to take more money from you. I arrived and decided to left, but they were not satisfied in receive only the money for first night as the reservation says, but they charged 1 night plus just for change the reservation. They also charged another day for cancel a reservation scheduled for 72 hours in future.

I would never recommended this hotel. I preferred to pay the fees and left this as soon as I could.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Anzio, Italy
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel with very confortable apartments, a quite big swimming pool and a little gym. The location is good as well. My sister's room had a problem with air cond. and the staff decided to give her another room.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcus1I
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I saw the pictures and the apartments really looked fine. But when I arrived the checkin was terrible and some of the group got breakfast included and some dont. In the rooms the curtains looked like the ones in horror movies and the walls were all cracked up. Really dont recomend.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Jujusilva
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at Concord Callao for 8 nights in October. This hotel is a far cry from what I remembered 4 years ago.
The booking of the hotel had been made my somebody else and done through an online website. When I arrived I was told that the online site doesn't charge and only reserves a room, since all this was a surprise to me they said I could go tomorrow between the hours of 8am and 4pm to pay. I contacted the person that had made the online reservation and they agreed to stop by the hotel to deal with the problem. Well even though I was allowed to go between 8am and 4 pm when I returned from breakfast I found myself locked out of my room, with no access to my belongings. After the issue was dealt with the next morning I wake up with another note under my door saying to please go to the office once again with my receipt, because they (the staff) apparently had not made a copy for themselves.

During the 8 nights I was there, room service came to my room everyday just to take out the garbage, during those 8 nights my bed was only made once and it was on a Sunday. The sheets were old and had stains on them. The shower in my room had mold growing in the corners and in the grout and everything else had a thick layer of dust. House keeping was so unreliable that I myself had to go ask the front desk for toilet paper because in the 8 nights I had stayed at the hotel the cleaning staff had not added any new roles.

My room was located close to the "reception" of the hotel I would be awaken every day at 8 am because of the traffic of people coming and going from the office area, and was privy to the conversations of the cleaning staff and and the employees. I was even able to over hear a guest complaining that she had requested a smoking room but was given a non smoking room, and when she approached the young girl at the front desk was told that they do not offer smoking rooms therefore she had to adapt or leave, this was the same young lady that locked me out of my room even though other staff members had told that I could pay by 4pm.

Also the internet connection at the hotel was terrible. During my time at the hotel, I could not send emails or even use the wifi that is "included" because it didn't work, add to that, that one router is supporting 8 guests it was impossible to connect and send emails or even open simple websites like google. Lucky for me that I was privy to this information since the hotel staff spent an hour in my room with a technician fixing the internet for other rooms since the main router was in mine and even though they fixed it it during my 8 nights there it still did not work and I was forced to wait until the early morning hours to disconnect the internet from the router and plug it in straight to my computer.

All in all, this hotel is a far cry from what it use to be. Apparently now that they use online bookings and now have a more guests coming and going they no longer care about providing customer satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business