“Hormiga”

Polo Night - Polo Under the Stars
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Argentina is Polo, and only 45 minutes away from the city, you will find a beautiful place, with more than 200 horses for any riding level to learn and play polo yourself! Argentina Polo Day is the only attraction in Argentina providing a professional polo match to watch at 4 chukkers all year round! You will understand the rules of the game, you will learn the technique, you will get to know how polo horses are tamed. Our Polo Day is a complete day to experience polo in a professional, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will watch a live polo game any day, taste a genuine argentine BBQ with premium argentine wine, and experience the incredible feeling of playing polo yourself! No riding experience is required, because Argentina Polo Day is polo for everyone, everyday of the year! Our Polo Resort offers 2 polo fields, swimming pool and fantastic views to enjoy the day. Company provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Polo Day- everyone was so hospitable, and I appreciated the attentiveness and kindness everyone gave so freely.

I was looking forward to spending some time with the horses, and I rode a sweetheart called Hormiga! The time I spent playing Polo was really Hormiga doing most of the work for me :0) I'm now inspired to continue playing polo here in Victoria, Canada ;0)

Big smiles, and would love to come visit again!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This wasn't something we planned to do before we arrived in BA- there was an add for it on the the local tourist map so we decided to take a punt. Well, we felt like royalty! These people certainly know how to make visitors feel special. It helped to have the hosts from the UK to explain to us what was happening in English, as we had zero knowledge of the intricacies of the sport. Having the opportunity to have a ride after the game (when we had never been on a horse before) was an unexpected bonus!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Before my trip, I was astounded by the reviews online and decided to try this out. My husband and I have had limited experience on horses, but all the people were so helpful and friendly (probably the nicest people you'll meet in Argentina). I also LOVED the horses - they were smart, fast, and responsive.

I really enjoyed both seeing and trying out the game. I was extra impressed with the polo players in the game we watched once we saw for ourselves how difficult it was. It is not an easy sport (the mallet is somewhat heavy), but the basics are learnable.

I would definitely recommend checking this out.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Upon our arrival at the site, we were greeted by two friendly girls who worked at the club. Their native English (one from England, the other from Germany) and easy hospitality put us right at home. After finding us somewhere to leave our bags, they quickly had us sitting down in the sunshine enjoying cold beer and homecooked empanadas - perfect after the hustle and bustle of the Buenos Aires streets! After a quick explanation of the rules, we headed over to the pitch to watch out first polo match. After a few more glasses and some more empanadas, we enjoyed a few basic lessons in 'horseless polo' in between rounds, and then after the match (thrilling in itself) we got up on the horses and had a go at hitting the ball and riding around, all under the careful supervision of the club members. The beautiful weather helped, but all in all this was a stunning afternoon, and a great break from the city. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was lucky enough to do a half day on my own. The girls Alex and Steph were really friendly and I got a great horse and personal service and training to give it a go. Empanadas were yum and after the game it was a very nice place to chill out and have a beer definitely recommend polo day!