“Highly Recommended - Truly an Unique Experience”
Review of Argentina Polo Day

Buenos Aires by Night Private City Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Argentina is Polo, and only 45 minutes away from the city, you will find a beautiful place, with more than 200 horses for any riding level to learn and play polo yourself! Argentina Polo Day is the only attraction in Argentina providing a professional polo match to watch at 4 chukkers all year round! You will understand the rules of the game, you will learn the technique, you will get to know how polo horses are tamed. Our Polo Day is a complete day to experience polo in a professional, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will watch a live polo game any day, taste a genuine argentine BBQ with premium argentine wine, and experience the incredible feeling of playing polo yourself! No riding experience is required, because Argentina Polo Day is polo for everyone, everyday of the year! Our Polo Resort offers 2 polo fields, swimming pool and fantastic views to enjoy the day. Company provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Toronto, Canada
“Highly Recommended - Truly an Unique Experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friend and I love travelling the world and trying new things and this is indeed a unique experience that introduces you to a classic sport of Argentina! Ruben and Celia have designed a fun-fill day to introduce beginners to polo - not just watching a match, but also giving us the opportunity to play the sport. Very professionally run and geared to encourage the most novice of players (and riders) with one-on-one coaching from getting comfortable with riding a horse to teaching us the skills required in playing a real match. They also keep you well fed - the welcome empanadas and bbq lunch (asado) were delicious as well as the unlimited wine and refreshments. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

Visited February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Astoria, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Thumbs up”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My family and I had an amazing time. We were very well taken care of from the start to the end during this attraction. Highly recommended for those who are into polo and/or horses. A true experience accompanied with great food & wine.

Visited December 2012
“Best Day Out in Buenos Aries”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

As horse lovers, my friend and I decided to try Polo in Buenos Aries as Argentina is at the top of the world for this sport. We had the best day ever. The hosts were great fun and very generous and welcoming. The food was delicious. It was money very well spent! Being able to watch a real polo match was so fun and then trying it ourselves made our whole trip! Lots of fun and even the people who had never ridden a horse were able to join in our match as all the horses are suited to the experience of the rider and well behaved. Would have done it twice if we had the time!

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“A Must-Do in Buenos Aires!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Buenos Aires last week. We had a great time and had a chance to do a lot of fun and interesting things (Cemetery Tour, Closed-Door Restaurant, Tango Class, Tango Show, Tigre-Delta Boat Ride, Day-Trip to Uruguay). That said, the Argentina Polo Day was without a doubt the highlight of the entire vacation and an experience we will cherish for a very long time. Our interactions with all involved were incredibly positive. Celia was very helpful with taking our reservation and getting us set-up in advance. The on-site volunteers (Alex, Steph and Potter (sp?)) were so much fun and both helpful and informative in educating us to the sport of Polo and horse-riding. Finally, Reuben (the owner) was the ultimate host, wearing many hats (literally!) as host, cook and Polo player! The entire experience was first-class from the pick-up at our hotel to the drop-off at the airport. The ranch itself is so large there is more than enough room to ride for both the novice rider to the most experienced. The BBQ lunch was incredibly tasty and filling. For those who don't eat beef, the staff was gracious enough to provide alternatives to the menu to accommodate our dietary restrictions. For those who don't speak Spanish, no need to worry as everyone on hand speaks English as well. If you do only one thing during your time in BA, this is an experience you must not pass up. Needless to say, we will be telling all our friends about it. The only negative was that it had to eventually end!

Visited February 2013
Tempe, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands Down, The Best Experience I've had in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I travel to Buenos Aires once a year for business and this past December I was looking to try something new and outside of the city, and with the Polo Open that weekend, Polo fever was in the air.

Only going off of other Trip Advisor recommendations, I signed up for Polo Day, having no idea what to expect and with zero polo or horse riding experience.

Let me say this, and I will say this one time: Best. Travel. Experience. Ever.

Celia and her husband Ruben were the most gracious hosts when we first arrived, everything exceeded expectations. We saw a great match, ate amazing food (best empanadias I had during my trip) and met some new friends.

On this particular day a freak rainstorm came through and unfortunately the afternoon lessons were postponed. Any other tourist operation might have just said, well sorry! Nothing we can do.

Not Ruben. Instead, he created a warm place for us to wait out the rain, and when it became clear the fields were too dangerous for the horses, we were all invited back at no extra charge.

When I came back a few days later, I ended up getting a private lesson to make up for the rain. I was actually happy the circumstances turned out the way it did!

To sum it up, I hate tourist stuff. Argentina Polo Day is as real and authentic as it gets. You can tell the passion and love Celia, Ruben and their staff have for the sport, the animals and sharing that with others.

I can't wait to come back in October or November!

Visited December 2012