“the best in downtown”
Review of Ritz Hostel

Ritz Hostel
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed few nights in the hostel Ritz, it was good, the location is the best, you are in the center of the center, you can get every parts by metro, bus, taxi or walking, very close to plaza de Mayo, Obelisco or Congreso. The staff was very helpfull with us, they offer good activitiies, I enjoy the tango! The building is old but clean. I recommend it!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank angelninia

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Excellent place to stay when in Buenos Aires! I stayed with my boyfriend during february. The staff is amazing, really helpful, friendly and kind!!! We loved them! They do everything to make you feel "bienvenido". We liked the continental breakfast, it was really good to fill the belly for all day walking. We enjoyed the tour by bike! It was really nice staying in Ritz hostel BA!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marga107
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Ritz is an great, safe location of Buenos Aires,( a few steps away from the Casa Rosada) easily accessible by underground or bus. The hostel is clean and the lockers are quite spacious. The staff is very welcoming and super helpful. My friends and I had an excellent time there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Excellent option to stay in Buenos Aires! The staff is very helpfull, great options for tours and the location is perfect! I compared the tours they offer at the lobby versus similars tours offered in the city and the prices are very competitive at the Ritz. You will enjoy it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent staff, very clean, perfect location, just wonderful! One of the best hostels, good vibe. Thank you Mateo and all the other members of staff for making me feel at home, far away from home. I will definately book the Ritz again when I visit Buenos Aires next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We read some of the other comments and it's true, the rooms didn't always have a functioning toilet or air conditioning but they ALWAYS did their best to fix the problem or change the room for us. They always made us feel happy and welcome. The breakfast was really good! We stayed there about a week and after a horrible robbing in La Boca on Day 1, Valeria (staff) made us feel safe and even came out with us one day and really ended up being a friend to us, rather than just a hotel staff. Mateo was also an amazing staff who helped us find a place to stay in Iquazu and got us a good deal there as well. Eduardo (the manager) was warm and friendly, we talked music and he was a genuine guy. One day when the air wasn't working, he gave us a few free beers. All in all, there were some things that weren't perfect and the price was fairly high (but let's admit that the inflation is due to the [--] Argentina government and crooked politicans that haven't been able to clean up their financial mess since 2002) but it was a comparable price for B.A. standards.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ritz by hostel inn quickly became a home away from home. I stayed for 2 weeks and did a few hours work for exchange for free accommodation. For breakfast you get a selection of breads, dulce de leche, spreadable cheese, jam, fruits, coffee, hot milk and media lunas! The staff...they stole my heart! Val is possibly the coolest receptionist I've met and quickly became a good friend...she introduced me to her friends and it made my stay. ernesto manages the place and he's very approacable, great guy, Mateo...what a dude! The mixed dorms are a bit dark and dingy so I would suggest that if you are a female to pay the extra money and stay in the female dorms as they are A LOT better! Great place...great location! They even have a live band a couple of evenings a week.

Room Tip: Book female dorm as its a lot better then the mixed dorms!