“Just go there!!!”
Review of Ritz Hostel

Ritz Hostel
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent staff, very clean, perfect location, just wonderful! One of the best hostels, good vibe. Thank you Mateo and all the other members of staff for making me feel at home, far away from home. I will definately book the Ritz again when I visit Buenos Aires next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We read some of the other comments and it's true, the rooms didn't always have a functioning toilet or air conditioning but they ALWAYS did their best to fix the problem or change the room for us. They always made us feel happy and welcome. The breakfast was really good! We stayed there about a week and after a horrible robbing in La Boca on Day 1, Valeria (staff) made us feel safe and even came out with us one day and really ended up being a friend to us, rather than just a hotel staff. Mateo was also an amazing staff who helped us find a place to stay in Iquazu and got us a good deal there as well. Eduardo (the manager) was warm and friendly, we talked music and he was a genuine guy. One day when the air wasn't working, he gave us a few free beers. All in all, there were some things that weren't perfect and the price was fairly high (but let's admit that the inflation is due to the [--] Argentina government and crooked politicans that haven't been able to clean up their financial mess since 2002) but it was a comparable price for B.A. standards.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ritz by hostel inn quickly became a home away from home. I stayed for 2 weeks and did a few hours work for exchange for free accommodation. For breakfast you get a selection of breads, dulce de leche, spreadable cheese, jam, fruits, coffee, hot milk and media lunas! The staff...they stole my heart! Val is possibly the coolest receptionist I've met and quickly became a good friend...she introduced me to her friends and it made my stay. ernesto manages the place and he's very approacable, great guy, Mateo...what a dude! The mixed dorms are a bit dark and dingy so I would suggest that if you are a female to pay the extra money and stay in the female dorms as they are A LOT better! Great place...great location! They even have a live band a couple of evenings a week.

Room Tip: Book female dorm as its a lot better then the mixed dorms!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

my stay was very good there the staff were pretty nice. a problem i encountered is the cleaning lady for some reason took my fast drying towel and i found it folded on her cart.. other then that the rooms are very good the matress is very high quality and theres a pool table in the reception. so all in all cheap for dorms and worth the value.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Gan M
Reviewed October 22, 2012

First of all the staff was amazing! Great location and the supermarket is across the street if you din't feel like going out for dinner. The only downside is the tiny kitchen with only two stoves and limited equipment. Was in a beautiful old building with a big common area. Good value, we got exectly what we paid for and 4th night at the dorm is free.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

although the minor emplyees at the reception were nice but I have to write my own experience about this hostel: we wanted to make a soft landing to south america so we took this overly expensive (for what it's worth) hostel, our bags with a 2K$ value were stolen the first hour we got there From the hostel Lobby and the owners didn't move a finger to help us neither showing us the video nor did they offer ANY compensation..leave the bad luck aside we had a great 7 months trip in south america afterwards but this was the worst place I've been to in all south america.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yazeed B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The staff in the Ritz are great, all the way from the management to reception staff. All are knowledgeable and know the city very well and give simplistic directions. Ernesto, who manages the Hostel is highly approachable and makes a special effort to maintain a fun atmosphere in the evenings. Matteo (the french man) at reception has quickly acquired a reputation for helping out tourists who are in a pinch including myself at a time in need.
I am a solo traveler and I found it very easy to meet like minded people and found the facilities to be adequate. The hostel is also in walking distance of many of the tourist attractions which helps at night in a city like Buenos Aires. Be sure to get safety tips for reception staff.
Definitely recommend the hostel with 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo