“Truly Boutique - Feel special, welcome and at home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa

Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa
Ranked #12 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
“Truly Boutique - Feel special, welcome and at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

What a great boutique hotel this is! We were welcomed by great rooms and ultra-friendly and helpfull staff!
We stayed here 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. Its in the center of Palermo, according to us THE place to be in Buenos Aires. Loads of lovely restaurants and boutique shops in the area.

The hotel facilities are great, good breakfast, free wifi and coffee all day, lovely spa free for guests to use. Everything looks as new, and is kept ultra clean. The beds were great too!

We would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to all our friends if they were to travel to BA for a couple of days!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelduque, Manager at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2010
Hello Marianne and Remco! Thanks for taking your time writing this review for us! We are glad you had a great time on your honeymoon in Buenos Aires and that you enjoyed staying in our home. Hughs and kisses!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed here 4 nights at the end of our first South America trip and were greeted by the warm hospitality of Eva and Flor at the front desk. They were wonderful in helping to make restaurant reservations and recommendations, suggested a tango show, and arranged transportation to the airport for us. We also were very happy to take advantage of the sauna and jacuzzi and though the breakfast was well done. Also, the location near Palermo Soho is ideal for shopping, restaurants, and nightlife (after walking around we much preferred Palermo Soho to Palermo Hollywood). The hotel is also only 4 blocks from the nearest subway station. The rooms had a lovely decor with a nice bathroom. We loved this place and loved how were made to feel at home immediately. My partner and I would recommend this place without hesitation -- thank you!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello! Thank you so much for writing these wonderful things about us! It was a pleasure having you in our home, and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Buenos Aires and your stay with us. If you have a second South America trip, please come back to the Duque, we will be more than happy to welcome you back again. Kisses for you both, Eva and Flor.
Forianópolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

The hotel is really cozy, and the service is awesome.
They have coffee and snacks available for guests all day long in the lounge/restaurant area. The neighborhood is safe, and there is a grocery store and drugstore only one block away which helps a lot!

The service staff is A+++. They are nice and really helpful at all times (even when I wanted to order a pizza and get some ice at 2 a.m.!)

The rooms are clean, spacious and beautifully decorated.

It was definitely a great experience!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelduque, Gerente at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Hola Celio! It was a pleasure having you both here! I hope that you remember this trip forever. Thanks for your nice words about us!! And also thanks for the email you sent to us. Flor says hi!! Eva
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

The hotel is really beautifull, new, clear and the spa is lovely. But most important the staff is so friendly like a family.

Unfortunately I got robbed and they all helped me with the police / ambassee / money and more. They all are unbelievable friendly! So I fully recommend the hotel, service and ofcourse the staff!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hola Henny! It was a pleasure for us helping you out with all your documents. Please dont thank us. We are your family here in Buenos Aires and if you come back dont hesitate, all the Duque staff will be waiting for you.Thanks for your nice words about us!! Eva
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

We´ve had a great week in our "home" in Buenos Aires: this was the way we felt while we were hosted in Duque Hotel. The bed is very soft, they offer a delicious and nourishing breakfast; there´s also an expresso machine that you can use whenever you want during the day, and you can even have a small cupcake with it if you want!
Duque hotel also displays a very friendly and polite staff, and Fernando (the owner) is always around to help managing and giving a personal touch to the hotel´s service. Indeed, he turned into a friend because we talked about our lives and he was always willing to help us in our demands.
We are definetely going back as soon as we can! We hope they keep the high level of the service

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Luanda, Angola
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Great boutique hotel, nice staff, good breakfast, great location....it was a great experience

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
hotelduque, Manager at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thanks for your review. I hope we can have you as our guests again!
All the best! Eva
Waterloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

I stayed at the Duque Hotel for 2 nights in March and I was quite pleased with it. I stayed at a few different hotels in the area during my 2 weeks in Buenos Aires and it was one of the nicer ones.

One of the best aspects of the Duque was the staff - they were all very friendly and helpful, and they spoke excellent English, which is good if your Spanish isn't great like mine. They were helpful in recommending restaurants and arranging taxi rides - every time they called me a taxi they made sure the driver knew where I wanted to go.

The rooms were a decent size, not overly large, a little on the cozy side maybe but it is a boutique hotel. The bed was large and very comfortable, and the decor was nice - it was different than most hotels I've stayed at, it had more of a bed and breakfast feel. The breakfast was decent, there was a large selection of fresh fruit and standard breakfast stuff, and if you wanted they would gladly cook you some eggs.

As for the spa aspect of the hotel, it seemed a bit limited. There was a nice hot tub and sauna area, as well as a pool, but it didn't seem to get much use. They also have the option of getting a massage, but when I tried to book one they were unable to find a masseuse for me as they don't have one on site, which was a little disappointing. If you want to take full advantage of the spa services, you may want to look into them well in advance.

The hotel is in a good area in Palermo, I felt completely safe walking the streets late at night by myself. It's great if you're looking for shopping, lots of shops and stores on streets nearby, and also close to Alto Palermo which is a big mall. It's about 6 blocks away from the Scalabrini Ortiz subway stop, which seems like a short walk. It's also close enough to the downtown core so all the major tourist destinations can be reached my bus or short (and inexpensive) taxi ride.

Palermo is also a great place for restaurants. Don't forget that in Buenos Aires it's common for restaurants/pubs to open well past 2 AM, with many being open until 5 or 6 AM. On several occasions I sat down for a nice meal and a beer around 2 AM, there are several good restaurants open late at Plaza Serrano, which is a short 5 blocks or so north of the hotel. Be sure to check out La Caballeriza, located on Juan B Gusto, they had some of the best steak I've ever had. Malasartes is also a good affordable restau/bar at Plaza Serrano. There is also a good breakfast/lunch place, I forget what it's called but its about 2 or 3 blocks east of the hotel on Scala. Ortiz, same side as the hotel. It's right on the corner. They had excellent freshly squeezed orange juice.

The neighborhood is also the best for nightlife, if you're looking for clubs/bars be sure to check out Esperanto, Ink, and Hummer, some of the local hot spots. It's amazing on the weekends when the streets are literally teeming with young people partying.

I also took the staff's recommendation for a tango show, which I would highly recommend to anyone, especially if it's your first time in Buenos Aires. The hotel staff arranged everything for me, including a ride to and from the show. On the way to the show, I had a private car, but on the way back to the hotel after the show, I learned that I would be sharing the car with another couple. This didn't bother me at all because I'm pretty laidback, but I don't think the elderly couple I shared the car with were overly impressed, especially since they were staying at a different hotel and I got dropped off first. So if you're looking for an intimate romantic experience, you may want to double check this first. I wouldn't fault the hotel for this - it was likely the car company people.

The show was at a place called Gala Tango, and I got the show that included dinner, which was excellent - I had the pork, after sampling numerous types of Argentine beef for the previous 10 straight days. The show itself was excellent, and before it begins the tango performers will give you an opportunity to have a quick tango lesson or photo with them, which I highly recommend. Since I was there by myself, I was very happy to take a tango lesson from a beautiful Argentine woman, and I got the photo as well so I could prove it to my friends. It is much more suited for couples, the atmosphere is very intimate and romantic, candles and stuff - I probably looked like a bit of a schmuck sitting there by myself with all the other couples, but even so, I still had a good time. The show also had an excellent live band. It was a great experience and if you want to see a tango show in BA this is a perfect choice.

So, overall the Duque Hotel is an excellent choice if you're looking for a place where you can get the full cultural experience in Buenos Aires, and their great staff will help you find the best restaurants, shows, or whatever else you may need.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Han_Solo420
Thank you very much for taking your time and write a review about us. It was a pleassure to serve you. Eva