“Cute hotel in Palermo”

Ranked #11 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Los Angeles, California
“Cute hotel in Palermo”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We spent about a week at the Duque Hotel and had a great stay. The hotel is super cute, with a stylish outdoor seating area and a nice spa downstairs. The rooms/bathrooms are on the small side, but if you're doing Buenos Aires right, you shouldn't be spending too much time in your hotel room anyways. The hotel rooms have great air conditioning--which can be hit or miss in Buenos Aires, but a necessity for hot summers. WiFi worked well in the hotel room, too. The staff really made this place shine. Everyone was so helpful with making reservations and suggestions. It's also close to the Scalabrini subway station and very secure since you have to ring the bell to get in.

Room Tip: We picked the middle of three options, and that was on the small side, so if you're mulling the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Asunción, Central, Paraguay
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed in a single room for three nights on the first floor. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. It has air, a fan, and a tv with cable. My only small complaint was that the door had windows and the curtains didn't cover the light coming in from the hallway.

The staff here is fantastic and helpful and they all speak English if you don't speak Spanish. The breakfast was outstanding for Argentina. There were eggs made to your liking and fresh fruit as well as a self service espresso machine. The common areas were comfortable and clean. The wifi would not always work in the breakfast room however.

The hotel was fantastic, but I cannot recommend the spa or massages. To give some context, I'm an American and have had many massages before. This massage was the most uncomfortable and tense one I've ever had. It may be that I'm spoiled, but I really did not enjoy the massage. The table was set up in the middle of the spa and the masseuse asked me to undress and get on the table in front of her. I'm a bit modest and this made me uncomfortable. She asked me how I like my massages and I told her I was okay with "strong." It was fine at first, but she moved very quickly and this is not relaxing. She also used her knuckles often and put a lot of pressure right on bones. I tried to communicate that it was too rough and she laid off a little, but it was still too much. It was not relaxing and pretty uncomfortable.

The spa looked inviting and relaxing, but I would ask a lot of questions before paying for the other services.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The title of my review says it all. I stayed here in July 2013 and loved this hotel and so I stayed here again in February 2014 and it's still great. I feel so well taken care of here. Every person on the staff is friendly and helpful and I have everything I need here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
duque4364, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Thom.

First of all we wanted to thank you for posting such a nice review about our home.
It really makes us proud of our jobs when guests feel this comfortable at El Duque.
We are truly happy that you felt like home once again and that you enjoyed all of what we have to offer.
We wanted to let you know that this will always be your home and that we will be thrilled to have you back any time you want. Greetings from all of our staff and we hope all the best for you.
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this hotel, 2 at the beginning of our month-long trip in Argentina/Antarctica and 1 at the end. It is a comfortable place, with very friendly and helpful staff who continued to go out of their way to meet our requests. Many thanks!

All the amenities are here, but for tall people, the hotel may seem to be rather small. The building is narrow, and therefore some things are slightly miniature in size (the elevator and swimming pool especially). Our first room (104) was an interior one, with a single window opening onto an inner courtyard so there wasn't much natural light and the bed definitely seemed smaller that the king it was supposed to be. Our 2nd room (102) was an upgrade and faced the street so while the room was a little bigger, brighter and the bed definitely a full king, street noise was a factor, even with windows closed and the air conditioning on.

The breakfast included not only the normal spread but also offered cooked eggs/omelettes as well. There is wifi throughout the hotel, a guest computer and several comfortable common areas to sit. We didn't venture down to the spa but on Eva's recommendation, had 2 great dinners at La Chosa, an easy walk away. There is also a quick turn-around dry cleaners across the street, we dropped off my husband's wool pants in the morning and picked them up that afternoon.

So - for very personal, attentive service, this hotel is outstanding. If you are an average-sized person (or less), the hotel is comfortable but anyone taller/larger than average may feel a little cramped and should definitely book the largest room available.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 13, 2014

whatever you are looking for in a hotel..this place has it all...location,great staff,lovely atmosphere and great breakfast..you name it..We spent only one night in the middle of our BA vacation and had to check out to go to Mendoza,but i can honestly say that was a well spent night and worth every penny..If you want the cozy and hard hitting nightlife of palermo ,this place has a great location...

Room Tip: Hard to tell which room,since all seemed great...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dara Burhan T
duque4364, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Dara,

First of all we would like to thank you for letting us be part of your experience in Buenos Aires.
It is so nice to hear that our guest enjoyed their whole stay with us. That really make our day!
We wanted to let you know that this will always be your home and that you are more than welcome to come back. Greetings from all of the staff and we hope all the best for you.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm leaning towards a five, but there are details that didn't make my stay perfect. However, I'd definitely recommend staying here. The bed was really comfortable and the room in general was nice. I really liked the breakfast, especially the selection of bread. It might not have everybody's favourite, but it's nice and fresh.

The 24h complimentary coffee was great. The pool area is pretty good, the spa is a little cramped and not super inviting, but I guess it's a plus that it is there at all.

Ok Wifi and computers in the lobby. The location is pretty good. Palermo Soho is close with shops, restaurants and bars.

I really wished the hotel would handle laundry service. It might not be important to each guest, but having to deal with the laundry around the corner was a headache. It took 26h to finish my washing and after traveling through dirty campsites for many days, I had no clean clothes from I arrived in BA on a saturday evening until about lunchtime on tuesday (laundry is closed sundays). My clothes even came back with dirt still on them.

Staff in the hotel is friendly and helpful, though I didn't really get info on the neighborhood when I asked.

I was in all more than satisfied with what I got for what I payed. Really good value and absolutely a recommendation!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel- is cute and small, has a small but beautiful swimming pool, a large hot tub and good spa facilities. The room itself is simple but clean. There is plenty to walk to in terms of restaurants and shopping and if you want to use a taxi, just make sure they use a meter. I have to comment on the hotel staff- they know a thing or two about being gracious. my first night I had the misfortune of a very loud music festival playing outside until 1:30 in the morning. I had an early morning, and got 4 hours of sleep. When the hotel manager learned of this, immediately took off my room charge for the night. Now that is class. And I slept like a baby the second night.

• Stayed February 2014