“Second Time Staying at Duque and Still Love It!”

Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa
Ranked #10 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Miami Beach, Florida
“Second Time Staying at Duque and Still Love It!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The title of my review says it all. I stayed here in July 2013 and loved this hotel and so I stayed here again in February 2014 and it's still great. I feel so well taken care of here. Every person on the staff is friendly and helpful and I have everything I need here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
duque4364, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Thom.

First of all we wanted to thank you for posting such a nice review about our home.
It really makes us proud of our jobs when guests feel this comfortable at El Duque.
We are truly happy that you felt like home once again and that you enjoyed all of what we have to offer.
We wanted to let you know that this will always be your home and that we will be thrilled to have you back any time you want. Greetings from all of our staff and we hope all the best for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this hotel, 2 at the beginning of our month-long trip in Argentina/Antarctica and 1 at the end. It is a comfortable place, with very friendly and helpful staff who continued to go out of their way to meet our requests. Many thanks!

All the amenities are here, but for tall people, the hotel may seem to be rather small. The building is narrow, and therefore some things are slightly miniature in size (the elevator and swimming pool especially). Our first room (104) was an interior one, with a single window opening onto an inner courtyard so there wasn't much natural light and the bed definitely seemed smaller that the king it was supposed to be. Our 2nd room (102) was an upgrade and faced the street so while the room was a little bigger, brighter and the bed definitely a full king, street noise was a factor, even with windows closed and the air conditioning on.

The breakfast included not only the normal spread but also offered cooked eggs/omelettes as well. There is wifi throughout the hotel, a guest computer and several comfortable common areas to sit. We didn't venture down to the spa but on Eva's recommendation, had 2 great dinners at La Chosa, an easy walk away. There is also a quick turn-around dry cleaners across the street, we dropped off my husband's wool pants in the morning and picked them up that afternoon.

So - for very personal, attentive service, this hotel is outstanding. If you are an average-sized person (or less), the hotel is comfortable but anyone taller/larger than average may feel a little cramped and should definitely book the largest room available.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 13, 2014

whatever you are looking for in a hotel..this place has it all...location,great staff,lovely atmosphere and great breakfast..you name it..We spent only one night in the middle of our BA vacation and had to check out to go to Mendoza,but i can honestly say that was a well spent night and worth every penny..If you want the cozy and hard hitting nightlife of palermo ,this place has a great location...

Room Tip: Hard to tell which room,since all seemed great...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dara Burhan T
duque4364, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Dara,

First of all we would like to thank you for letting us be part of your experience in Buenos Aires.
It is so nice to hear that our guest enjoyed their whole stay with us. That really make our day!
We wanted to let you know that this will always be your home and that you are more than welcome to come back. Greetings from all of the staff and we hope all the best for you.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm leaning towards a five, but there are details that didn't make my stay perfect. However, I'd definitely recommend staying here. The bed was really comfortable and the room in general was nice. I really liked the breakfast, especially the selection of bread. It might not have everybody's favourite, but it's nice and fresh.

The 24h complimentary coffee was great. The pool area is pretty good, the spa is a little cramped and not super inviting, but I guess it's a plus that it is there at all.

Ok Wifi and computers in the lobby. The location is pretty good. Palermo Soho is close with shops, restaurants and bars.

I really wished the hotel would handle laundry service. It might not be important to each guest, but having to deal with the laundry around the corner was a headache. It took 26h to finish my washing and after traveling through dirty campsites for many days, I had no clean clothes from I arrived in BA on a saturday evening until about lunchtime on tuesday (laundry is closed sundays). My clothes even came back with dirt still on them.

Staff in the hotel is friendly and helpful, though I didn't really get info on the neighborhood when I asked.

I was in all more than satisfied with what I got for what I payed. Really good value and absolutely a recommendation!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel- is cute and small, has a small but beautiful swimming pool, a large hot tub and good spa facilities. The room itself is simple but clean. There is plenty to walk to in terms of restaurants and shopping and if you want to use a taxi, just make sure they use a meter. I have to comment on the hotel staff- they know a thing or two about being gracious. my first night I had the misfortune of a very loud music festival playing outside until 1:30 in the morning. I had an early morning, and got 4 hours of sleep. When the hotel manager learned of this, immediately took off my room charge for the night. Now that is class. And I slept like a baby the second night.

• Stayed February 2014
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Just what I expected: a cute, quiet, comfortable hotel with a small pool and garden - right in the trendy Palermo section of Buenos Aires. It was 100 degrees and muggy when I arrived for 3 nights in Buenos Aires - and the pool was a great treat! The kind staff let me check in my room early in the day - and even offered me breakfast (a much appreciated gesture after from 10 hour flight - with horrible food - from Atlanta, GA). The buffet breakfast had many choices - plus an egg main dish cooked to order by staff.

The hotel has wifi, computers and several nicely appointed public spaces with couches, books - or the garden with lounge chairs and a hammock. My room had a spacious bathroom, comfortable bed, bathrobe etc.

The helpfulness and friendliness of the staff made Duque Hotel special. They knew your name, greeted you, offered assistance and good dining suggestions in the neighborhood.

I would definitely return to Duque Hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ann.

We are truly happy that you felt like home and that you enjoyed all of what we have to offer.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Look no longer,Duque Hotel is the perfect balance between location,comfort,cleaness,price,warm and compentent staff.
Easy to access public trasportation,or hail a cab to main turistic sites( good way to be time effiecint-most of cab rides$5)....or not too far to walk to Recoleta or Teatro Colon if you like exploring residential neighborhoods and stop for coffee and empanadas with the locals.
Located so close to many stores,restaurants(Calden,Don Julio,Unik,1810Cocina) and evening entertaining,and a nice area to stroll at night before or after dinner along with a mix of locals and turists.
We arrived very early (5am)in the morning and took advantage of their 24h front desk service,and the comfortable livingroom until a good hour to go out.
Rooms were very clean,loved that I could walk around the room bare feet and not worry about weird carpets(or in their case hardwood floors).
Hot water is very hot so mix your shower water before you get in.
Had the hotel prearrage trasportation from the airport.Glad we did it,and it was easy to communicate with the staff and always resposive and sensitive to your particular needs.
I could go on and on....but I should not keep you,future traveler to Buenos Aires,from booking and go enjoy beautiful Palermo and its welcoming people.

Room Tip: if you have specific needs or you are particular about the size of the shower or such,communicate be...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple