The Duque Hotel is a small Boutique Hotel in the Palmero district of Buenos Aires. To be honest it is a little out of the main downtown area, but Buenos Aires is cheap to get around so this isn't really an issue (Taxi's are very reasonable and the best way of getting around). The hotel itself is beautifully presented and has a lot more charm and character than your typical large chain hotel.
In the hotel there is a nice guest lounge area and an area with a couple of laptops that are free for guests to use. There is also free wifi throughout the hotel so getting online is simple. There are a few nice touches that give the hotel a "homely" feel; such as the coffee machine which is always available for a free coffee and complimentary cakes available all day. As we visited during the winter, it was too cold to use the outdoor pool, but we enjoyed using the hot tub after a day out exploring the city.
However, the biggest asset of this hotel is definitely it's staff. Everyone we met was extremely friendly and helpful, happily answering the numerous questions we had. Unfortunately our flights into and out of Buenos Aires were cancelled due to ash from an erupting volcano in Chile. We had lots of problems trying to make calls, contact our airline and make alternative arrangements. The staff did everything they could to help and were happy to look things up for us and translate Spanish phone messages we couldn't understand.
In summary the Duque Hotel is a lovely Boutique Hotel and it is easy to understand why it is rated so highly on TripAdvisor. However, unusually for us the thing we will remember most is the wonderful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Duque Hotel offers rooms with designer decor and free Wi-Fi (public areas) in trendy Palermo Soho. A pool and spa facilities are available. Scalabrini Ortiz Metro Station is 700 metres away. Individually designed and combining classy style with modern facilities, rooms at Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa feature parquet floors and large windows. All of them have air conditioning and cable TV. A buffet breakfast is served daily. Coffee service and pastries are available around the clock. Palermo's restaurant and pubs are just around the corner. Guest can unwind on the sun loungers by the pool and make use of the spa facilities, including a jacuzzi, a sauna and Turkish baths. Massage sessions can be requested, a library is available. Secure airport shuttles can be requested 24/7. Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa is 6 km from Jorge Newbery Domestic airport and 29.7 Km from Ezeiza International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duque Hotel Boutique Buenos Aires
- Duque Hotel Boutique And Spa