“Enjoyable stay in Palermo Viejo”

5411 Soho Hotel Boutique & Spa
Ranked #146 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the first place we stayed when we arrived in Buenos Aires, we stumbled across it while walking around looking for a hotel, just a small sign and a non-descript door. We rang the bell and they let us in to a very nice lobby and front desk area. Décor and design were in a modernist style. Front desk people were very friendly and helpful, and spoke English. The layout of rooms was a little funky, no doubt adopted to the shell of the building. Our room was small but nicely appointed, with flat screen TV, mini bar, WiFi, and good AC, which came in handy because the first two days were very hot. The "pool" is about the size of a large Jacuzzi, but again, nice to have for a cool dip on those very hot days. Breakfast buffet did not have a great variety, but it was sufficient and tasty and the coffee was good. Great location a short walk to many shops, restaurants, and bars. Only real negative was the price, at over $130/night, but not out of line with other hotels.

Room Tip: Bring lots of US dollars, you'll get much more bang for your buck.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank rbyrnes3

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay here. Rooms are clean and modern, plenty of tv channels, air con was great and wifi in room was handy. Reception staff were always super friendly and helpful!! Only one small problem the whole stay was breakfast wasn't served until 8:30am, we had an international flight and had to leave early which meant a piece of toast on the way out the door. Other than that it was a great little place which I'd definitely stay in again.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Regankiera
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excelent! Very friendly staff, made me felt home.The service is excellent, everyone is very attentive. The rooms are comfortable and big enough, and very clean. It is a design hotel, so beautiful! The location is perfect, just 1 square from Plaza Serrano. I hardly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tatiana A
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here from Dec 30th/12 to Jan 5/13 and I wanted to write a review to acknowledge the staff and the service we received. Even before our arrival, the hotel emailed us to ask if we wanted to book tours or a New Year's Eve event which I thought was very thoughtful. We took them up on the offer for the New Year's Eve tango show which turned out to be awesome and the hotel made all the arrangements for us. They held our bags while we went to Igauzu Falls for 2 nights, arranged taxi service to and from airports, suggested restaurants and overall were very helpful. Due to the positive experience, we would totally recommend this hotel. The location is very good, many great shops and restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast is nice. The rooms are small but very quaint and the whole place is very well decorated and very stylish. If ever we're back to BA, we will be staying here again!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lsc2g
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Pro's: 5411 is clean, modern, well-located, and affordable for its type and class. I asked for a second floor room and luckily got one facing the courtyard, not the street which I've read here can be noisy. The staff are very willing to try to help with any issues.
Con's: The corollary to the staff's willingness to try to help is their lack of effectiveness however. For example, they could not locate a radiotaxi to call one evening, and moreover let us sit in the lobby for 20 min thinking one had been called, before we discovered one was not. Also, the room I was initially given had not had the air conditioning turned on, so it was deathly hot in the room for hours after checking in, and there were several insects buzzing around from the heat (it was a very hot day). I only discovered another room that had a normal temperature when a staff member took me to another room, supposedly to get a new remote, which he actually thought would fix the problem in the hot room (the first remote worked just fine - the display was just a little dim, probably from the battery). I insisted just to be switched to the other room which was the same size. Finally, and most annoyingly, if you wish to get laundry done (not an unheard-of request for a traveller), they a) do not offer laundry service in the hotel, and b) have no information about nearby laundromats. Talking to the desk person, I felt like I was the first person ever to ask for this, which is pretty odd for an established hotel. What would have been ideal is for my laundry to have been picked up, but this was apparently not possible. Finally I was directed to a laundromat about 3 blocks away, but they were closed at 9pm. I went back the following morning with my laundry and the woman there said she could have it ready in 4 days. When I told her I was traveling the next evening she had no option for an rush order and was even a little offended I asked to be put in front of other customers! To clarify I am fluent in Spanish and was with a native Argentinian, so there was no language barrier. She did however direct me to another place around the corner, where the owner rather reluctantly agreed to do my laundry and have it ready the next day mid-day. I tell this story only to illustrate how much time and effort can be wasted of precious travel time when a hotel doesn't have any arrangement for guests to get laundry done. It doesn't seem as if it should be too hard for the owners of the this hotel to establish this. And don't they wash their sheets? How difficult would it be to offer laundry service in the hotel itself? Kind of incomprehensible.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in the hotel two nights in December 2011. It is a nice, modern looking boutique hotel in the center of Palermo Soho. However, there are many similar hotels in that area. Wi-Fi worked well in the room and also in the patio. Service was very good and I enjoyed my stay.
Don't give the hotel your email address. They sent me spam and when I complained the manager said that "an unexpected error has occurred" and it would not happen again, but they did it again.

Room Tip: I had a spacious room with a very nice patio at the back of the hotel. Rooms more to the front are l...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 nights here in September and couldn't have been more impressed with the service from the staff at this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and they were massively helpful when I wanted to have a tango lesson, and didn't want to undertake one of the tourist group classes; I cannot praise them enough.

The hotel was really clean, and breakfast was plentiful. We were a little disappointed with the size of our room - we practially had to climb over the bed to get to the window, and the view from the window was a wall. However, the bed was comfortable, the shower was good and realistically we don't spend that much time in the room anyway because there's too much to see and do in the city. We felt very safe in the hotel - you have to buzz in when coming in late at night, so knew there would not be any strangers wandering round the hotel. The pool looked particularly uninviting, and we never used it.

The location of this hotel in the heart of Palermo is fantastic. There are loads of bars, restaurants and boutique shops on all the roads surrounding the hotel to keep you happy for a good couple of days!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple