“First night Honeymoon”

Ranked #154 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“First night Honeymoon”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We received as gift one night at Blue Tree Recoleta Ker Hotel & Spa.
The assistance at our arrival was perfect.
The suite at the last floor is spacious and with a fine and highline boutique concept.
Breakfast is fantastic. The Spa center is great and confortable.
We recomend a massage and quite stay around the pool.
We hope to stay again!!!

Room Tip: The suite room at last floor is quite and very nice
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank salvatoreloiacono
Eliana P, Manager at Ker Recoleta Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
It´s so grateful for us to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Ker Recoleta, specially if you have such a very possitive experience with all the different areas of the hotel. We work really hard every day, to provide an excellent service, and to satisfied our guests with a very cozy and helpful treatment from our staff. We hope we can receive you again in a near future. Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed December 29, 2010

First I had a room to the "inside", this means the i could look in the other rooms and had no daylight. the inner couryard was like 3 x 3 metres and didn´t allow daylight in, i couldn´t open the window, otherwise i would have heard the aircondition of the other rooms all the time .. So I changes to a room with streetview. this was quite loaud .. all day, all night, but at least I had daylight. rooms are very comfortable though and quite clean.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wolfhammer
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Very nice location, but structurer quite bad, must improve elevator

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tuim1000
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 25, 2010

First of all I chose this hotel considering the "Blue Tree" brand, a major hotel chain in Brazil, over the local ones. My mistake.
I never had the chance to get in the hotel, they had a "system problem" and my reservation (100% paid in advance) was not there. They send me to a cheap hotel and I´m until today trying to get my money back.
I even talked to the Latin America Director (Yamila Domeneghini) who sent me 1 email, tried to buy me with a one night free and never answered my emails back.

In a nutshell, don´t stay there, neither in any other Brazilian Blue Tree hotels. Choose the international ones or the local Boutique Hotels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CNomura

Travelers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 25, 2010

first of all, DO NOT book through Hotels.com. My husband thought he was booking the Howard Johnson Boutique hotel in Recoleta, but Hotels.com markets the Blue Tree under the name 'Howard Johnson Recoleta.' There is a HUGE difference. My husband booked a weekend girls retreat for my friend and I at what we THOUGHT was the top rated hotel on trip advisor, but turned out to be this place instead. Anyway, that is Hotels.com's fault and is blatent false advertising on their part.
As far as this property is concerned: when we arrived at the Blue Tree (which by the way is not really in Recoleta), the staff could not locate our reservation. They kept telling us that expedia/hotels.com reservations are problematic for them. We told them that was THEIR problem, not ours. It took them more than two days to eventually locate our on-line booking. When we were finally allowed to check in, we were assigned a room that was occupied. Three men woke up suddenly when my friend and I opened the door and turned on the lights. We laughed as this was just the beginning of a disastrous stay. When we were assigned to a different room, the bedding was dirty and it was not what we booked online. We had one bed instead of two. The pool had a dirty green hue to it, the spa was sub-par. What was most frustrating, however, was the staff. We asked repeatedly to speak to a manager regarding the problems with our reservation. We were told he would see us shortly. So we waited...and waited...for 25 minutes. Finally, we demanded to see him and the female staffer (not realizing that my friend speaks perfect Spanish) called him and made a sarcastic and condescending comment about the 2 americans who were waiting for him. It turns out that the manager was simply sitting in the back office (we could see him) doing nothing (drinking mate tea perhaps). He accepted no responsibility for all of the issues we had, instead blaming Expedia (hotels.com) for the mixup. When I later spoke to hotels.com, they told me they tried repeatedly to call the hotel, but nobody answered the phone...not surprising. To his credit the manager at least offered us a free massage in the hotel spa. I was expecting a full-body massage, it turned out to be a back rub. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Howard Johnson Boutique. But make sure you are actually booking that hotel and not this one.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michael D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2010

You get what you pay for, and this hotel delivers great value for a reasonable price. The room was internal facing which meant it was quiet but dark, the facilities were fine and included a small pool and gym. Its walkable to the subte and to some of the sights such as the obelisk and the recoleta cemetery, and hey, taxis are cheap. Also close to milion and gran bar danzon. Not the kind of place to hang out during the day but great as a base for exploring BA

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SJY1
Brazil
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Good localization, near of everything --- but not exactly at the beatifull part of Recoleta and if you dont mind, like me, to walk--- and honest price are the highlights of this nice hotel. Weak points: small elevators and often out of order. In general needed more maintenance, but it is comfortable and clean enough. Rooms has a money-box, which is allways diserable. Substantial Breakfast.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple