“The BEST of Buenos Aires”
Review of Caballos A La Par

Caballos A La Par
More attraction details
Owner description: Just 30 minutes away from Buenos Aires city, you can enjoy yourself horseback riding, learning and having fun. At unique and amazing Forest Reserve, you can be in touch with nature riding throughout thousands of acres of a paradisiacal landscape. All our activities and services are 100% EXCLUSIVE, PERSONALIZED AND TAILOR-MADE. Caballos A La Par is a Horseback Riding Stables and an Equestrian Training Centre whose main objective is to help you develop your riding skills and confidence (regardless of level from absolute beginners to the more proficient/advanced). Only the owners (who are also the instructors) will ride free "side by side" (means in spanish "A La Par") alone with you, your family or your group of friends. We don't ride on trails and the horses don't follow each other !!!. Our place also have a nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. We invite you to share this exciting adventure with Caballos "A La Par", a Different, Unique and Rewarding Experience. Caballos A La Par provides transportation from Buenos Aires and back and is open everyday of the week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST of Buenos Aires”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I visited Buenos Aires as part of my graduate school international trip. After reading several positive reviews online, we decided to book the horseback riding experience with Caballos A La Par.

Our experience began when we were picked up in BA (pickup and return trip are part of the overall fee). We took the roughly one hour ride to the countryside and enjoyed seeing the outskirts of the city. While my wife has some experience horseback riding, I had never sat on a horse, let alone rode one. I must say, I was a little apprehensive. That nervousness immediately disappeared when we met with Miriam and Adrian at their ranch. From the minute we walked in they made us feel like family. We sat down, shared the traditional Mate tea, and got to know each other. We were then paired up with a horse based on our riding experience and personality.

The ride itself was incredible!! We spent 2+ hours riding through pastures and enjoying the beautiful weather. It was perfect mix of learning the proper riding technique from Adrian but he was never overbearing. I went from having never been on a horse to galloping with no hands by the end of the ride. I could not believe it! Adrian also took pictures and video during our ride. At the end of the ride, we were treated to hot chocolate and pastries back at the ranch house.

The experience was well worth every penny. You could really sense how passionate both Miriam and Adrian are about their horses and teaching others this wonderful activity. We felt like we made lifelong friends and we will be visiting again next time we are in BA.

This is a MUST for anyone living or traveling in Buenos Aires!!!!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unbelievable !! Fantastic must do in Buenos Aires !!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This amazing adventure is must to do while in Argentina, dont miss it !
I was met by Edrian with a big smile at the meeting point, he escorted me to his car till we reached his stables about half an hour drive, once reached met Miriam who welcomed me the same way, had chats with them in their lovely office and bar, had offered me the Argintina Mate tea in their traditional way then asked me about my experience level for horse riding.
They are the owners and they trained you one to one, and have customized it for you only, they are very flexible and friendly and they do this for fun and not for money. They treat you like a friend.
After that i rode a beautiful horse along with Miriam after Edrian showed me some important tips and hints in the riding journey, and we left the stables ( equestrian training center) to the green open areas (national forest park), really amazing feeling, there you can freely ride the horse with no fair, as the horses are very smart and cool and don't fall you down. It was really great when Miriam gave me the tips and hints for riding in practical way and you just need to listen to her. And yes at the end of this journey i was able to do the cantering for the first time and with my free hands too.
At the end of this course i have gained confidence and improved my riding skillls and learned new things.
Highly recommended if you are in Argentine and love horse riding regardless of your level.

Thank you Edrien & Meriam, you were great :)

New York City, New York
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you're looking for an activity and wanting to spend time outside of the busy city of Buenos Aires, this place is the place to go to - what a find! Originally my husband and I had considered going to an estancia to spend the day, but as soon as we came across this place we changed our plans and I am so glad we did. From beginning to end the service was excellent, but really more than service it was true hospitality. Adrian and Miriam really put their heart and soul into the place and their horses, and it makes it an unforgettable day. Right when we arrived we were greeted with the social activity of drinking mate, which my husband and I were super excited about since we had only tried mate in tea bags and were yearning to try the authentic mate. Adrian taught us all about mate, how to prepare it and how to drink it. We had a lovely time chatting and drinking mate (and we made sure to buy a set during our stay in BA to bring back to New York!) Then we were introduced to our horses, who I must say are the most gentle and well trained horses. Neither my husband or I have much experience riding horses, but these horses were amazing and we never once felt nervous riding. We rode over three hours in the national park which was stunning! And the best part was that you are actually free to roam and ride in the open space. We rarely ever rode in a straight line one horse after the other. We learned how to trot, canter, and really control the horse. It was amazing how much we had learned and improved by the end of our ride. Miriam was an excellent teacher with so much positive energy. Bottom line, I would say that if you go to BA and don't spend a day with Miriam, Adrian and their horses you've missed out on a wonderful experience!

Paris, France
“my best experience with horses!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went to Adrian and Miriam's this friday and i had a perfect time with them and their amazing horses.
I am a french flight attendant used to travel the world and to try this kind of experience and i really have to say that this one is defitly different to any of the others.
This is really not something to take your tourist money but great and true people who will welcome you open arms and heart. You instantly know that you can trust them and you will have a great time.
The horses are wonderful and you can trust them too.
This is the must important to me, i have been riding in France for years and each time had this little feeling that i really have to watch out with my horse when i go out.
Adrian horses ( i rode Bandida, a ex professional polo horse and Shake , arabian full blood) are never stressed by cars or dogs or anything , they never never try to put me down of their back.
so i felt very secure and i could be focus on Adrian priceless advice about riding , position, and sipirit to enjoy and to be connected with my horse.
You can go it in this beautiful landscape of the national Park and you really feel free and happy to be there.
My cousin was with me and he never rode a horse before and he was a little stressed out.
After half an hour he was confortable and enjoying and 2 hours later ha was able to have a really really good control of the horse and him self thanks to the extraordinary "quality" of horses training and the right advice of Adrian.
There are many other good things i could tell but i don't want to boor the reader being to long.
The only feeling i had was this people and their horses put their heart in every single details for the person who come to them so don't choose another one. This one IS the best ...maybe on earth.
Thank you Miriam and Adrian, i'm looking forward to seeing you again.
Guillaume

Sydney, Australia
“An amazing Horse Riding experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This has got to be the best horse riding experience i have ever had. The fact it was just in a group of 4 with two instructors meant that you get a huge amount of guidance which is exactly what i needed as i was a nervous rider having had an accident some 20 years earlier! The horses were so well behaved and are obviosuly cared for so well. I felt like i was truly looked after and given such fantastic instruction i came away feeling much more confident and even wanting to get back on a horse th next day! We trotted and cantered through beutiful park lands and forests. I never thought i would feel so comfortable cantering but through the teaching and guidance of the instructors i was able to do so. Thank you and i wil be back if i am ever in the area agsain :)

Visited March 2013