“Great Steak, Great Value”
Review of Fervor

Fervor
Ranked #58 of 4,928 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
San Jose, California
“Great Steak, Great Value”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I came here for dinner my first night in Buenos Aries and ordered a shrimp salad, steak, rice, and flan for desert. All the dishes were excellent. The shrimp on the salad was extremely fresh as was the rest of the salad. The strip steak I ordered was well seasoned and perfectly prepared. The flan with dulce de leche was excellent too. The service was professional, but not too stiff either. I would go here again if I were to go back to Buenos Aries.

• Polish first
Denver, Colorado
“Great Spot for Late Lunch”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We got there late, 15:00. They were gracious and the service was excellent. Great beef! The tenderloin and skirt were awesome, and the rib steak, not bad either. From Colorado, so we know our beef. Great atmosphere, too.

Washington, DC
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have been here several times and the food is always incredible, the service highly professional, and the ambience fantastic. I would go out of my way to dine here. The last time I went for business and the client was very impressed.

New York City
“Good food and service in a lovely neighborhood”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After eating Buenos Aires' excellent steaks for a couple nights, we chose to eat fish at this restaurant, which was recommended by our hotel staff. The menu is quite varied, but seems to have more fish dishes than many other places. We reserved for 8:30 pm and the restaurant filled up quickly. This is obviously a popular spot; there was a waiting line when we left. We were seated upstains on the mezzanine level, which was very comfortable. The service was excellent. We each had a delicious empanada to start. We shared a half order of mixed grilled seafood for our entree. We really appreciated that our efficient waiter, Victor (?), advised us the half order would be sufficient, even if shared. It was plenty, and very tasty. Our side order of grilled veggies was also good. My husband enjoyed a chocolate pancake with dulce de leche as dessert. We highly recommend this restaurant for delicious food in a setting that is sophisticated without being snobby.

Toronto, Canada
“For a high-end Argentian restaurant, I was expecting more”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Food is excellent in Buenos Aires. Truly excellent at all price ranges and tastes.
Fervor was rumoured to be in the same class, but I felt it fell short.
The service was good, professional and prompt. The ambiance was good - a French meets Italian feel. The food was just OK. The portions were enormous, greedily so. Their smallest steak was just too big (I recommend splitting main courses). The appetizers were good, nothing spectacular - we had the calamari and fried cheese. The side dishes were just OK - we had the roast veggies, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach. The main dishes were enormous but tasty. I ordered my steak medium, but it was way to underdone. They promptly cooked it again for me, and it still came back pretty blue for my liking. For dessert we split their layered option (I can't remember the name), it was essentially flaky layers with dolce de leche in between, smothered in chocolate sauce and topped with a marshmallow/meringue. It was way too sweet. We each had a bite and that was enough.
For the price, location and buzz, I just expected more. And do make a reservation, we left at 9:30 and it was lined up (on a Wednesday).