“For a high-end Argentian restaurant, I was expecting more”
Review of Fervor

Fervor
Ranked #58 of 5,107 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Description: Relive the majestic Buenos Aires of the 20's. A dreamlike space that invites us to feel the porteña soul and make passions come true. Entering Fervor is entering the heart of Buenos Aires to enjoy the best country meats and sea to the embers. It is to return to live in that Buenos Aires beloved by Borges.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Food is excellent in Buenos Aires. Truly excellent at all price ranges and tastes.
Fervor was rumoured to be in the same class, but I felt it fell short.
The service was good, professional and prompt. The ambiance was good - a French meets Italian feel. The food was just OK. The portions were enormous, greedily so. Their smallest steak was just too big (I recommend splitting main courses). The appetizers were good, nothing spectacular - we had the calamari and fried cheese. The side dishes were just OK - we had the roast veggies, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach. The main dishes were enormous but tasty. I ordered my steak medium, but it was way to underdone. They promptly cooked it again for me, and it still came back pretty blue for my liking. For dessert we split their layered option (I can't remember the name), it was essentially flaky layers with dolce de leche in between, smothered in chocolate sauce and topped with a marshmallow/meringue. It was way too sweet. We each had a bite and that was enough.
For the price, location and buzz, I just expected more. And do make a reservation, we left at 9:30 and it was lined up (on a Wednesday).

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a good restaurant in a central position with a London Club like atmosphere which is just what I was looking for. The service was first rate and quite quick enough.

The menu gave plenty of choice both meat and fish and when the food arrived it was first class.

It is probably not trendy enough for the young but it is just what most over 50s want in a restauran. Good service, good food a comfotable seat and a well priced wine list. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very busy restaurant with bookings essential. The food was good but nothing exceptional considering the cost in comparison with other restaurants. The service was excellent and as we were unhappy with one of the dishes as was to be grilled and was not, the waiter kindly deleted it from our bill without us needing to request him to do so. Also a 10% discount if paid in cash!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been in Fervor with friends to celebrate Birthdays, at lunch time and also with business visitors for dinner. In both cases the dishes were tasty, and very we'll served. They are pretty abundant. The service was excellent in every case. The atmosphere is cozy but classy. Enjoy it!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had lunch in this elegant restaurant, fish as a main course, and enjoyed every bite of it. The servings are large and there was a complementary dessert at the end. An excellent bottle of wine as recommended to us by the sommelier. Top marks.