“What a great way to experience the Argentine Asado!”
Review of Fogon Asado

Fogon Asado
Ranked #1 of 6,967 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Neighborhood: Palermo Soho
Description: Discover the Asado steak tradition, served with a twist. This is a reservation only experience that starts at 19:45. We have created a closed-door dining experience that explores new ways of serving Argentine Asado classics, like provoleta, ribeye, tira de asado, seasonal vegetables and more. While seated at our bar you’ll see, feel and experience different grill cooking techniques, up close and personal. Our tasting menu consists of eight courses prepared on the grill, using seasonal ingredients. We aim to create a memorable fireside experience for each guest, beyond your regular steakhouse expectations. The optional wine pairings have been designed to best enhance the overall flavors, and present different wines from Argentina.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant specializes in giving diners the chance to experience all of the wonderful flavors of what makes a great asado. You can taste all of the traditional elements with a modern twist in a cool environment. The fogon(place where the dinner is cooked) is front and center for the show. The staff is impeccable. Not your typical asado experience! Great food and the wine pairing puts it over the top! Loved it.

Date of visit: June 2019
EdwardHolloway, General Manager at Fogon Asado, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your time at Fogón Asado. Every day we make sure we only work with the very best products our country has to offer to ensure everything we serve lives up to the high standards we set up for ourselves. We are delighted to read you enjoyed our food and the experience we worked very hard to curate, every step has been carefully thought out and designed to highlight the very many different aspects of argentine asados. We must agree, the wine pairing option is a great one as it aims to compliment and bring out the flavors in a way only the very best wines can do!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

do whatever you can to eat with these great guys. everything is cooked right in front of you with explanations and descriptions. 7 perfect courses served with fun and flare. make sure you get the wine pairing as it perfectly compliments the food. thank you for a wonderful evening - it made our trip!!

1  Thank 185jennal

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your evening with us. We are passionate about what we do and love to share our in-depth knowledge of asado culture with all our guests. At Fogón Asado we believe knowing and understanding where the different cuts come from, how they are prepared and served, makes the overall experience unique and yet authentic. We love to see our guests fall in love with this beautiful tradition of ours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited Buenos Aires in May/June 2019 on a business trip and decided that I would make a point of visiting the #1 rated restaurant on TripAdvisor while in BA. Fogon was #1, so I booked a reservation for Friday 5/31 on the basis of the positive reviews and beautiful photos.

It was absolutely SENSATIONAL.

This meal was one of the greatest all-time culinary experiences I have ever been blessed to enjoy. I arrived a few minutes early and walked around the neighborhood to soak in the vibe. What a beautiful, vibrant part of town. Door opened up at 7:40 PM, and I was whisked away to another world.

Diners are seated in a square around the fire/grill and prep area in the center of the low-lit room. I was seated next to a British couple on my right and a Colombian family on my left. I attended the dinner solo as I was on my own for the week. I ended up becoming great friends with my fellow English speakers (but had a lovely Spanish conversation with my Colombian neighbor). By the time the meal was over 4 hours later, I'd exchanged emails and shared pictures with my new friends. The restaurant really lends itself to meeting new people if you so desire.

The house brought out each dish in succession, providing a detailed background in what we were eating, where it was from on the animal, how it was prepared, and letting us enjoy it fully. From empanadas through countless cuts of meet to crepes at meal's end... I was a happy, HAPPY man when it was all over.

I have never been so satiated and I would absolutely recommend this restaurant as a MUST DO when in Buenos Aires!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Parker M

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

It is truly a pleasure for us when our guests enjoy themselves as much as you did! We have worked very hard to create an experience that lived up to our high standards in terms of attention and quality of service, it is wonderful to read feedback as positive as this one.

We created Fogón Asado looking to provide a more truthful asado experience than that of a regular restaurant: asados are comunal events, shared with family and friends. We find in a conventional restaurant setting that aspect gets lost, yet because we pay close attention to the sitting arrangement, at Fogón Asado, our guests are always encouraged to get to know their neighbors and create new friends.

Another aspect of asados that normally gets lost in regular restaurants is the fact that we almost never eat the one cut alone. Asados are meant to be a parade of different cuts and dishes, everything must be tasted! At Fogón Asado we made sure everyone gets a real introduction to the very different types of meat and cuts, so no one leaves without having tasted a morcilla or choripán!

We want everyone to understand why we love asados as much, it is a pleasure to see you understood what Fogón Asado is really about and we hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The vibe of Fogon is open and inviting, with a large argentine grill as the center focal point. They have done a very good job setting a pleasant ambiance. Staff is super friendly and attentive and accommodate various languages. Great place I think for solo travelers wanting to meet other people, as the seating is around a large square bar surrounding the grill. Sit in one of the corners and make new friends! They are generous with the pours if you choose the wine tasting :) Making your own chimi churri was a cute touch, who knew how easy it is! The food was tasty. Be adventerous and try the blood sausage (morcilla), I live in Argentina and think that's one of the best I've ever had. Also especially loved the dessert, panqueqe con dulce de leche y crema... basically a crepe stuffed with caramel and topped with whipped cream.

Date of visit: June 2019
EdwardHolloway, General Manager at Fogon Asado, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are delighted to see you enjoyed yourself so much! We encourage all our guests to socialise with each other as we think that is as much a part of the asado experience as an abundance of great meat.

We are especially happy you thought our morcillas where that good! Our asadores work very hard to make sure all our guests leave with a stomach full of delicious food. They are passionate about the asado culture and love nothing more than sharing that passion with our guests.

Oh and we agree, panqueques with dulce de leche are awesome!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Go there. It’s a fantastic experience. Everyone is sat in a square around the grill while the staff is walking around behind the counter/table cooking, serving and entertaining the guests. Everything is cooked in the special grill and it tastes fantastic. Authentic but with a twist.

Date of visit: June 2019
EdwardHolloway, General Manager at Fogon Asado, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us.

We are delighted to see you enjoyed your evening with us. We worked really hard to create an experience that was original yet authentic and truthful to what argentine asados are really like.

We want our guests to, not only, eat the tastiest food we can cook, but also to engage and socialise with other people. Asados at their core are as much about the meat as they are about friendship and family: we don't eat asados alone, they are a communal experience.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.