Tripadvisor

from $34.00
from $53.34
from $42.67
More Info
All reviews national drink san telmo perspective insider city tours ba information
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

I had absolutely an amazing day tour with Mateexperience. I can say it was the best day during my time in BA! It was the first day I tasted real Argentinian mate and i had the experience to see the eclipse in Argentine and meet new wonderful people from different countries. Of course I can't forget the tasty Argentinian food and wine.
There was a beautiful human being who made our trip extra amazing, our tour guide, Sofía, without her happy soul and positive energy we wouldn't enjoy our trip..she is absolutely a doll... everyone was amazing even the lovely buss driver José. I highly recommend Mateexperience to make an unforgettable BA memory!!

Date of experience: June 2019
matexperiences, Owner at MATE, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Suzi! The experience was such a success because it was all human beings with such a lovely energy as yourself! See you soon somewhere in this beautiful world!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Argentinians are crazy about mate - it is a must, everybody drinks it every day and you will see people carrying special mate cups around. It appears to be very healthy, too. I must say that I did not enjoy it too much - for me it was a bit too earthy and muddy - I guess it is acquired taste. You should definitely give it a try

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2019
Review of: B.A. City Talk

Our tour with Sofia was a real experience: she explained Argentina/BA history, culture and people through street art, drinking mate and unique shops and artefacts. Sofia is very knowledgeable, fun and friendly, and her passion for the city is contagious. We absolutely loved it, the best guided tour ever!

Date of experience: November 2019
matexperiences, Owner at MATE, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Thanks guys! Return soon!!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2019

It is very common that you share a MATE when you go to a park or local houses. You won't find them at stores, it is just a habit for Argentine;s people and Uruguay's people too. You can drink it hot or cold ( it is called TERERE and is typical from Paraguay) and also you can add sugar, honey to make it sweet, and also you can add some "hierbas" to make it just like a blend.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2019

la bebida por excelencia en argentina, great place to chat and to share, I liked it a lot, a great experience

Date of experience: July 2019
matexperiences, Owner at MATE, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

thanks very much! join us for our unforgettable experiences next time in buenos aires!