“Totally Excellent Hotel ..NO negatives here.. Best Staff”

Novotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #65 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here in November 2013 .Accor always provides me with superior accommodations wherever I use their branded hotels Novotel Buenos Aries was of no exception . I highly recommend this hotel .
The staff here are exceptional .They speak fluent English and are always willing to help you out . Two front desk employees that are of exceptional merit are Federico and Vladislav. These two gentlemen went out of their way to assist me with communication formalities when I was a victim of BA’S criminal element . I must also commend the Tourist Police Officers of BA’s Metro police force .One must never let their guard down when travelling alone in BA especially coming from an ATM machine . The Novotel front desk staff were totally excellent when I needed help.
There is a kettle and a refrigerator located in the room .There is a main switch at the door that controls the electricity to the room so make sure that it is on . There are lots of lights .Good blackout curtains are provided . The rooms are equip with excellent free Wi Fi and multi channel TV .Some channels are in English . The bed has an excellent mattress with a choice of excellent pillows .The towels are new and soft .The shower has a rain forest head and a wand held unit .The window opens for fresh air .The AC unit is very quiet and works efficiently .
There is a universal plug outlet on the side of the unit above the desk …bring a multi outlet plug with you so that you can use a number of devices at the same time umless you bring tou own converter …the Argentines have switched from the round European plugs to the 3 squares angle plugs .
The Novotel Corrientes is located near the center of things in BA .If you are looking for a central location within walking distance to the Broadway shows ,the Opera ,Florida Street and most of the attractions listed in TripAdvisor.com then this is the place to be . There are numerous banks located nearby with ATM machines .Just remember that things shut down for a few hours in the afternoon at some of the shops and most banks . Ask the hotel desk what is usually open and what is not .There are Carrefour markets located all around the hotel for supplies. If you need a taxi to the Airports ask the desk to arrange one for you .Believe it or not they are cheaper and more honest .If you take the inexpensive Manuel Tieda Leon luxury WiFi equip buses from the EZE airport they will drop you off at the hotel using their shuttles which are included in the 17.00USD fare .Take a taxi to their downtown terminal for the return trip to EZE . The EZE Airport is an hour out of the city . AEP domestic terminal is usually 20 to 30 minutes away from the center of BA .
Thanks again Federico and Vladislav you are excellent employees ...a reason why I use the ACCOR branded hotels.

Room Tip: a room overlooking the courtyard for quiet night
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,832)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and were very well taken care of. It is extremely clean and everyone who helped us was more than helpful. All of the people at reception were quick to assist with excellent English. The room was a little smaller than we're used to, but just right for the kind of couples vacation that we were on. Breakfast was delicious and well-presented every day. I couldn't have been happier with this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very good hotel which can serve both tourists and business travellers.

Our room was not ready upon arrival but they were quite apologetic and offered us a complimentary drink at the bar while we waited. We had lunch at the pool side and the food was really good and the portions were big.

Facilities are modern in design and very functional. The room had a decent size and all the amenities you'd expect for this type of hotel.

Internet access is complimentary although it was cut off sometimes and you needed to do the whole log in process every time.

The desk had plenty of plugs discreetly hidden even a universal one, so you don't need to use your adaptor.

Breakfast was just OK, with some simple options not available some of the days.

Location is convenient if you want to explore the city because you are quite close to all the touristic attractions - many of them are walking distance, otherwise, we moved around by taxi and spent around 50 pesos per trip.

All the staff was quite nice and helpful, apparently not that common in Buenos Aires.

For sure, an option to consider when we go back.

Room Tip: We got a room in the first floor facing the main avenue (Corrientes) and although the traffic was no...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Well located, clean hotel e organized, all workers were really careful trying to do their best, even though two of the receiptionists didn't speak english.Would surely stay there again. I got a sale from Accor and paid the price of an Ibis

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am writing this review more the manager/employees than other fellow travellers.
Solid choice for business traveler, no negative point here. But I was not one, with my wife and little kid I would rather have stayed in B&B. However I received an offer on my email, at a very very competitive price it was worth convenience and comfort of a top hotel.
At reception: I enquired about breakfast, I was informed that it was not included, but here the detail "...you booked at XX price, no breakfast at this fare" Wait a minute? What is has to do with the price I am paying? I had the booking confirmation that included the BF, which I sent to him. Instead making affirmation about the price he could have been more humble and check the reservation instead.
Next day at the restaurant the waitress made the observation again, I should pay for it, I asked to check with the reception as I had sent them my reservation. I had to send it again. Lack of communication and/or organisation just adding on the feeling of "cheap customers not welcome here".
I had similar issue with late check out, which I had paid, again I had to remember that.
Big hotel, same problem as some companies, systems that does not work, departments and don't communicate and so on. I can understand that, but I am sure that promotion aimed to bring more & new customers, I was one of them, ready to be surprised and pay a normal fee a next time (even in pleasure trip), but it happened the opposite.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I chose Novotel Buenos Aires as I wanted to avoid surprises. In fact, that is the reason why I like to stay at Novotel hotels when I travel for leisure - I don't want to be annoyed with bad facilities, bad services, etc. I had heard that hotels in Buenos Aires are struggling a bit at the moment, which was another reason to choose a brand from a global operator.
What a surprise - in the most positive way - it was to find a modern hotel, with a very comfortable room, excellent service, a great restaurant and a very good location.
The hotel is in Corrientes, which may lack the charm of a boutique Palermo hotel, but it's a stone's throw away from most of the attractions in downtown Buenos Aires. It is also a couple of blocks away from the subway.
The building is modern and impressive, starting from the lobby. The bar and restaurants are very well equipped. Breakfast is decent, the dining options are very good.
The room is extremely modern, with a lot of attention to detail. The entertainment unit allows you to connect your own USB or HD device to the LCD TV. There is an universal socket that allows you to plug your electronic equipment wherever you are from. A decent safe locker big enough for a laptop, plenty of wardrobe space. A very comfortable bed. Also an excellent shower.
Being a Le Club Gold cardholder, I was greeted with a nice box of chocolates, a welcome letter from the general manager and was invited for a drink at the bar. That was nice, but it is not what made me like this hotel so much. It was the quality of facilities and service from check in to check out.
I could not have found a better place to stay in Buenos Aires and will definitely stay there again when.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very nice and modern hotel in middle of Buenos Aires. The rooms are nice and with a modern decor. Great bar with professional bartenders. The restaurant served a wonderful breakfast and lunch. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business