“Unreliable, overcrowded, buses don't turn up - avoid completely!”
Review of Buenos Aires Bus

Buenos Aires Bus
Ranked #51 of 296 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This must be the worst hop-on hop-off bus service in the world! I've traveled to many places, and I have used many similar services. This is the most unreliable service I have ever encountered.

There are two routes advertised for this service. On route 1, the buses are supposed to come pass every 20 minutes. On route 2, more irregularly at more than one hour intervals.

A group of us (about 10) waited for 45 minutes outside Plaza St Martin today for the regular 20-minute interval route. No bus ever turned up during this time. Eventually people just walked away.

I paid full price at the adjacent ticket counter (Florida 1095) - but of course, they refused to provide a refund despite the service not being there. This is unforgivable, and leaves visitors with a poor impression on this otherwise beautiful city. [There are so many other excellent experiences - like the BA Free Walking Tour].

I just treat this as money thrown away, and put it down to one of those terrible experiences you encounter when you travel. Shame on you Buenos Aires Bus!

2  Thank craig_ng
Write a ReviewReviews (3,146)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Some quick points to give you an idea; We waited hours before the bus came, lots of earphones not working. Focused only on history of buildings. Architecture students might appreciate for a bit but it got very boring very quickly. Were afraid to get off as we couldn't be sure when the next one would come. Ended up abandoning it and getting a taxi.

Bus tours are a great way to get a feel for a city. But this one gives you little more than your bearings. What a shame given what a great city BA is.

They could do so much better and start by checking out cities that do this well. I suspect if it was in private hands it would be a different story.

2  Thank Quavon
Reviewed October 21, 2012

You kind of have some minimum expectations on a hop-on-ho-off sightseeing bus. Like, say, that you 1. get on the bus (they could not say if they were full or not and asked us to go to their office. Why then advertise that you can buy the ticket on the´bus?) 2. There is extremely little information actually given, and what is given feels often very irrelevant. In a city full of history, the main information you get is the names of the architects of different strictures - and I don't mean only about the older ones - the contemporary as well. Half of the information was regarding different shopping centers. Overall; all information given was more of a marketing speech of today's Buenos Aires. And that speech was about 95% of the 3 hour tour - the rest of the time there were only music played in the earphones. Felt like in a telephone queue. When some sort of information at last arrived, it was always out of synch with where you were so you end up missing most things anyway. And once it started, they often cut it off just when the relevant info began to get into synch for something else. In addition, all announcements for the stops were ALWAYS at the same time as the little information they they might be giving you in the earphones so you missed out on that as well. Overall, I'm astound that this is the best BA can give. I could not find any competing sightseeing company so I assume that this is the reason why they can keep on having such a low service.

My advice: spend the same money on a taxi driver and ask someone local to tell you about the sights. Or buy a Lonely Planet. You will so much more out of it.

2  Thank hursomhelst
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Worst open top tour bus I have ever been on. The headphones didn't work properly most of the time and even when they did the commentary was very sporadic and not particularly interesting. Very disappointing as I usually find these bus tours a great way to see a new city. Would recommend doing the free walking tour instead.

2  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Whenever we travel to a new place, our first item is to take the hop on hop off bus - always with good results to orientate ourselves and decide where we want to spend more time. Well... this is the first time we've done a hop on hop off bus that was a huge disappointment. Completely uninformative, boring music between the sparse commentary (we passed so many interesting looking buildings or places that we wanted to know about and there was no commentary) that just repeats the same 5 tracks over and over and it stops at some stops for 20 minutes! The schedule was incorrect and the brochure offers no information about the attractions at each stop. Don't do it! You're better off taking a half day city tour or doing your own research!

2  Thank Daphna H